SailNet Community - View Single Post - Another Maryland Fee Increase
View Single Post
post #24 of Old 02-21-2012
SVAuspicious
Mermaid Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlineasy View Post
Dave, DNR has been breaking relatively thin ice for quite some time, however, their ice breaking activities was not for the recreational boating community or industry--it was strictly for commercial purposes, mainly so commercial watermen could get out to the open waters of the bay and gill-net striped bass (rockfish) and tong for oysters.
Hi Gary,

I know Back Creek pretty well. I dinghy up and down the creek often. We have a few head boats here, but I don't recall any waterman running out of Back Creek and certainly nothing else commercial.

I really don't argue your point, just some of the facts (which I don't think are true) that you use to buttress your argument.

The DNR budget must be available. An analysis might be quite interesting.

That said, DNR serves all the boaters on the MD waters of the Bay and not just new ones, so a funding mechanism based on all boats and not just new ones seems reasonable.

sail fast and eat well, dave S/V Auspicious

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

beware "cut and paste" sailors

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome