SailNet Community - View Single Post - CT Shore Marinas
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 03-15-2012 Thread Starter
paintpollz
Kevin

CT Shore Marinas

Hello all,

I'm a newbie here on Sailnet. I've been doing a little posting in the "Learning to Sail" and "FAQ" threads. I've gotten some great support from everybody here. This board is much more forgiving to members than my car board.

After many years on my Sunfish docked on my grandparents pond, I've decided to graduate to a bigger weekender boat. Unfortunately, my grandparents dock will not suffice, nor will their pond. So I'm looking for marinas. I'm also planning on taking some sailing lessons this summer.

From my other "how to cut costs" thread, many people suggested finding a sailing club or DIY Marina/Boatyard. I'm certainly a hands on/DIY guy, so this is pretty appealing to me. I also have no problem putting hours in at a sailing club as well.

I'd like to be on the CT Shore. Clinton Riverside Basin Marina, Ryan's Marine Services, and Midway Marina were ones that were recommended. If anyone else has any recommendations, please chime in. I'd like to take a few day trips to the shore to check some of these places out. Will most likely be starting off on a C27/C30.

Thanks!

Last edited by paintpollz; 03-15-2012 at 10:17 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome