SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mistral 16'
Thread: Mistral 16'
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 06-02-2012 Thread Starter
CherylSarlund

Re: Mistral 16'

Thanks for the link! The one I bought is in pretty good condition - it must have hit a dock or another boat on the starboard side - and they did a really bad job patching the fiberglass - it's not that big of a "hole/dent" - I am going to attempt to fix it properly - that is basically the only flaw, however, it was raining so hard today I could not really go outside and make sure all the hardware is there and in good shape - I bought the boat at a non-profit boat auction so the boats are sold "as is" and the owners aren't usually there - the boats are donated - so there really isn't anyone to ask about the boats - so I paid $325 and it included the trailer - but who knows what I will be looking at once the rain here stops and I try to rig it - I think $700 - $1200 is an average price if you are buying from the actual owner. Mine did include the jib and main sails and they look pretty good - I think the battens are missing though, unless I find them in the boat. Good luck with your boat - and if you come across an owners manual I would love it if you could scan it and email to me!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome