SailNet Community - View Single Post - need help making the decision
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 06-24-2012 Thread Starter
smallboatlover
Huck

need help making the decision

so theres this free 26' sailboat full keel i think new rigging. the boat was overhauled about 5 years ago but it sat at the mooring for 3-4 years through the winter and huriicane still there and still floating. so i was told about it and went out and took a look i had permission to get on.
so the boat has no motor or trailer of couse and it sat on the water so its a bit dirty. ok the outside has gelcoat cracks of course. it has main and jib. winches 5 of them all together 1 on the mast. has sail cover. the tiller is broken just the wood piece tho. has roller furler on bow the jib was kept in the cabin.
ok so the outside isn't that bad needs a cleaning and waxing the hull needs to be scrubed and painted but now real rush before next year probally.
now for the inside its a bit beat up but has 2 marine batterys a radio a vhf a head i didn't look to hard but its enclosed also has foward v berth and bed/ couch and then dinet on the right and small sink and ice box. now i saw that the keel bolts are a bit ruseted and have some water around them but the hull other then that is dry is that a big deal?
so should i go for it and take it? im not going to take it out for the winter it will stay in a sheltered area since i know it can last winters nowsince it has for the last 3 years

what should i look for? sorry no pics

16' mistral sailboat, And 27' coronado

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome