SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any C-Head Users?
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 01-11-2013
Minnewaska

Re: Any C-Head Users?

I don't know where you get the idea that my mind is firmly made up. I find all solutions to have their pros and cons. Picking used TP out of a head with chopsticks is a clear con in my book. You've detailed some pros too and I agree with them.

However, a holding tank does not have to stink. Period. They only do when managed incorrectly, such as ever adding anything like an antistinkum liquid. Just like a C-head will stink, if managed incorrectly.

As far as I'm concerned, they are both viable options. I chose the holding tank because I believe the significant number of non-sailor guests we have aboard find it more comfortable.

If you've ever noticed me push back on this subject before, its usually focused on those that say there is absolutely, positively, hands down, no odor or anything objectionable about a c-head. That's nonsense, but you didn't say that. I was only referencing the irony between calling a holding tank icky (which it is), in the same paragraph where the user must reach in and handle used TP.

For me, and perhaps only me, its like finding dried up used TP on the sidewalk and picking it up with chopsticks. Icky.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome