Slight Rule Change! Editing posts limited to 7 Days. Trial - Page 3 - SailNet Community
 44Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 45 Old 05-26-2019

Re: Slight Rule Change! Editing posts limited to 7 Days. Trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Bravo....we used to have someone ( no longer allowed here) who changed the whole meaning of his posts weeks after they elicited responses. This would forever prevent that.
That was shown categorically, in every case you brought up, to be a figment of your imagination and paranoia. You just keep holding onto your belief that it was different than the facts.

Mark
Scandium likes this.

Dolphin 460 Catamaran "Reach"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Current boat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Previous boat

Last edited by colemj; 05-26-2019 at 09:30 PM. Reason: because I can and it pisses off certain people
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 Old 05-26-2019

Re: Slight Rule Change! Editing posts limited to 7 Days. Tria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
I don't know now exactly but I think VS has about 300 forums.

The TOS has not changed.

A loophole has been plugged, that's all.

Whose loophole? This is silly. Posters are the pawns in this game.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #23 of 45 Old 05-26-2019
Old soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
I don't know now exactly but I think VS has about 300 forums.

The TOS has not changed.

A loophole has been plugged, that's all.

Mark, I donít wish to belabour the point. As I said, I donít think itís unreasonable to close the window on editing after a certain time. But I am unclear what loophole is being closed.

It seems to me it is a policy choice regarding how long to leave the editing window open. A perpetual editing window is just as valid as no editing window when considering the Terms of Use and Copyright Law.

Perhaps this change simply to bring SN practice in line with other VerticalScope forum practices? Is this the loophole?

Ö you know, if youíd said nothing most of us would never have even noticed. Thatíll teach you to be open and transparent .

Why go fast, when you can go slow.
BLOG:

post #24 of 45 Old 05-27-2019
arrgh!

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOReilly View Post
Mark, I donít wish to belabour the point. As I said, I donít think itís unreasonable to close the window on editing after a certain time. But I am unclear what loophole is being closed.

It seems to me it is a policy choice regarding how long to leave the editing window open. A perpetual editing window is just as valid as no editing window when considering the Terms of Use and Copyright Law.

Perhaps this change simply to bring SN practice in line with other VerticalScope forum practices? Is this the loophole?

Ö you know, if youíd said nothing most of us would never have even noticed. Thatíll teach you to be open and transparent .

100 percent agree

just would like to know why

IN FACT, if they would have made this change (and not said anything)t, I would bet most people wouldn't know it happened....

Like many who have mentioned this... I don't know of any time I have gone back more than a day and changed anything

On other forums, where I was pissed off, I thought about and changing posts to be a jerk

I would guess if you took a post from three years ago and edited to be filled with expletives the mods wouldn't notiice

but really, no one would likely notice.

Vector X Y
post #25 of 45 Old 05-27-2019
Picnic Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Bravo....we used to have someone ( no longer allowed here) who changed the whole meaning of his posts weeks after they elicited responses. This would forever prevent that.
So would we consider this a Big Freakin' Rule change?

'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing' - Helen Keller

post #26 of 45 Old 05-27-2019

Tell us why or tonight we riot.

By riot I mean b!tch and moan over soemething that will have no effect on anyone except Maine Sail.
chall03 likes this.
post #27 of 45 Old 05-27-2019
arrgh!

Dock

Thanks

Now I have to figure out who Maine Sail is.!

Vector X Y
post #28 of 45 Old 05-27-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by titustiger27 View Post

Thanks

Now I have to figure out who Maine Sail is.!

The guy who owns and runs Marinehowto.com.
The Following User Says Thank You to SeanM26 For This Useful Post:
titustiger27 (05-27-2019)
post #29 of 45 Old 05-27-2019
Super Moderator

One problem with this is that the vBulletin software now only uses secure images. My host now has secure images but the hot linked images in my many thousands of posts were not originally posted as "secure", As these threads come up, or I find one, I have been updating the hyperlinks and fixing them as I come across them. The 7 day rule means this is no longer fixable for me..
chall03 and SanderO like this.

______
-Maine Sail / CS-36T

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maine Sail For This Useful Post:
titustiger27 (05-27-2019)
post #30 of 45 Old 05-27-2019 Thread Starter

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
One problem with this is that the vBulletin software now only uses secure images. My host now has secure images but the hot linked images in my many thousands of posts were not originally posted as "secure", As these threads come up, or I find one, I have been updating the hyperlinks and fixing them as I come across them. The 7 day rule means this is no longer fixable for me..
Pm me any changes and I will do them for you.
(I will send U a pm in a few days with another suggestion too)

Mark

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in