Thanks to every one for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 02-09-2019 Thread Starter

Re: Toilet light Flashing Bavaria Crew 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpdiver View Post
You need to get a flashlight and pencil and paper and visually trace out your system from the discharge of the toilet to where it goes. So probably you will leave the toilet and the first thing you will encounter is a valve. Specifically a "Y" valve. In one position it will allow the flow to go to the holding tank. I suspect this is the position that your valve is currently in. Since you seem to have a new light indicating an alarm of some sort. Have you been using the head.

To empty the holding tank probably will require that you do the following. First swap the "Y" valve to the "SEA" position. Second check your through hull valve and open it if it is not open. Third turn on your pump. But, to be sure you will have to trace your system out and think about it.

You may have multiple holding tanks and multiple "Y" valves and multiple pumps. Short of finding the owners manual what you really need to do is trace the plumbing out and determine where it all goes.

Your panel has two "Tank" lights. Could be two tanks or possible a high alarm and a hi hi alarm. I would imagine at minimum you have a "Y" valve for the discharge of each toilet and a "Y" valve for the discharge of your holding tank on the the thru hull tank and one to a deck pump out.

Bottom line you need to do you due diligence and trace and verify what you have as a previous owner could have made a repair that was not to original design. Then make yourself a document and print it out to have on board and I would label everything while I was at it.

Good luck,

LPd

Thank you for your help. I found only one tank and there is no trace of any pump on/in it. Also when activating the pump button, there is no noice or nothing that can suggest that there is a pump. Could it be that the previous owner took it off?
Thank you!

post #13 of 16 Old 02-09-2019 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpoker View Post
No manual onboard ?

Nothing about toilette in it.

post #14 of 16 Old 02-09-2019 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvon View Post
Given that you have recently bought the boat & there doesn't seem to be any information on board re the tank plumbing, I would be conservative about assuming that everything is fine/no leaks/no dodgy connections etc. When I went to replumb the head on my new/old boat, I discovered that a couple of the hose connections came off in my hand with very little encouragement! Talk about dodging a bullet. I'd get to the pumpout dock first thing & make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it with empty tanks the first time you try opening a bunch of valves. The consequences of a leak, defective part, or misunderstanding about what valve does what would be far less annoying.

Thank you for your suggestion, it makes a lot of sense. I will make sure to touch the connections only once the boat is going to be out of water, which is very soon.

post #15 of 16 Old 02-10-2019

I have a 2005 Bavaria 32 which is similar. T1 and T2 are lamps to indicate when a tank is greater than 3/4 full. If you have 1 head then you have only 1 tank. The lamps work regardless of whether the switch is on or off. The switch is for an (optional) macerator pump. There is no overboard discharge pump. Instead, there is likely a hose at the bottom of the holding tank connected to a seacock. Open the seacock and let gravity do the work if you are outside of any no discharge zones. Otherwise find a Pumpout station.

Good luck,
Chris
RegisteredUser likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisBSura For This Useful Post:
EvgheniBordeniuc (02-11-2019)
post #16 of 16 Old 02-11-2019 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBSura View Post
I have a 2005 Bavaria 32 which is similar. T1 and T2 are lamps to indicate when a tank is greater than 3/4 full. If you have 1 head then you have only 1 tank. The lamps work regardless of whether the switch is on or off. The switch is for an (optional) macerator pump. There is no overboard discharge pump. Instead, there is likely a hose at the bottom of the holding tank connected to a seacock. Open the seacock and let gravity do the work if you are outside of any no discharge zones. Otherwise find a Pumpout station.

Good luck,

Chris

Thank you so much Chris. This is really of a big help. Will try and update you if it worked.
Best regards,
Evgheni

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in