Used boats are REALLY retaining value. - Page 7 - SailNet Community
 49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 63 Old 01-26-2017

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Used boats are REALLY retaining value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don0190 View Post
Be real, you know you are doing a knee jerk all or nothing reaction post!
Totally real here my friend

I repeat

We all have "reasons" why we choose the boats we do. I don't think Davids question or my answer were out of line. Nor do I think it drove me crazy. Comments without rhyme or reason except negativity....now that drives me crazy😄😄😄🐜

BTW David and I have met and his question to me and the answer were well within norms . He is very knowledgeable. I have never known him to ask a silly question . I assumed it was with merit, that why I answered it.
Daddio likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 Old 01-26-2017
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by night0wl View Post
It probably comes down to the availability of financing. Boats that are less than 20 years old can still be financed by a bank with a standard boat loan. That makes the market of available customers broader, and therefore the prices stay higher.
I think this is where the big price drop hits. Once you can't finance without having to have perfect credit and a house that almost all paid off to use a collateral. Once the average Joe can no longer get financed you loose a lot of market and the price drops big time. Once you are looking at only cash buyers you have less room to push someone to perhaps a bigger or more expensive boat than they would have otherwise bought.
chef2sail likes this.

1976 C&C 33
Project boat, lots of work to be done!
post #63 of 63 Old 01-27-2017
Dirt Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpm View Post
What are some of the most common recommendations on the new sailboats.
Old or new, the vast majority of recommendations involve electricity, particulary on euro built boats.
Many issues with propane systems. If it's a euroboat I also point out the very common NPT brass throughulls on NPT plated brass ball valves.

It's not really part of a surveyors job to criticize engineering or design but once in a while I find a rudder tube support design so weak I feel I have to mention it or an area of a hull that is so thin I can flex it by hand pressure, it must be mentioned.

The hysterical laughter you hear as you drive a way in your"new" boat ..... is the seller.
The Following User Says Thank You to boatpoker For This Useful Post:
davidpm (01-28-2017)

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in