Multihull Popularity and Interesting Designs - Page 49 - SailNet Community
 178Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #481 of 577 Old 03-04-2018

Re: Multihull Popularity and Interesting Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastUndSchotbruch View Post

I am outta here.

Great! Take SanderO, Register, TakeFive, Outbound, Chef, etc with you as none of you all have added to the discussion of multihulls but have tried to bait Smackdaddy into another reason to ban him! You all have not offered anything worth reading regarding the topic of the OP regarding anything associated with the thread.

Rant over!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 577 Old 03-05-2018

Interesting! Looking forward for more information!
post #483 of 577 Old 03-05-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy56 View Post
Great! Take SanderO, Register, TakeFive, Outbound, Chef, etc with you as none of you all have added to the discussion of multihulls but have tried to bait Smackdaddy into another reason to ban him! You all have not offered anything worth reading regarding the topic of the OP regarding anything associated with the thread.

Rant over!
I have no interest in banning Daddy. I also have no interest in viewing vlogs of multis or monos... nor do I have an interest in baiting him regardless of whether or not I like his posts. He has every right to post as long as his posts meet the board rules.

I have no experience with cats... and no interest in buying one for multiple reasons. I am intellectually interested in attributes of all boat designs as solutions to different problems, needs, conditions and so on.
chef2sail and jtsailjt like this.

pay attention... someone's life depends on it

post #484 of 577 Old 03-05-2018

Quote:

Rant over!
I try not to get involved but Iím curious why the moderator being the OP of this thread isnít moderating..there have been a few comments that have been very close if not crossed the line of internet style bullying... Letís keep this thread on track as Iím trying to learn something about catamarans.. Thanks,

Clay AA3JY
smackdaddy and guitarguy56 like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to aa3jy For This Useful Post:
ImGary01 (03-05-2018)
post #485 of 577 Old 03-05-2018
Banned

I'm curious about the cruising multi owners we have posting in the thread thus far. By my count, I've got the following...

colemj
smj
dotdun

Then on the beachcat owner side I've got...

arcb
myownbadself

Anyone else I've overlooked?
post #486 of 577 Old 03-05-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I'm curious about the cruising multi owners we have posting in the thread thus far. By my count, I've got the following...

colemj
smj
dotdun

Then on the beachcat owner side I've got...

arcb
myownbadself

Anyone else I've overlooked?
I would have been added to this list this summer upon the delivery of our FP 40, but Smack you know the story... Hopefully we may again get the catamaran fever once more when 'bodies' heal... but it doesn't mean we can't enjoy a thread about multihulls and I know you wanted me to start this thread and glad the moderator stepped in.
post #487 of 577 Old 03-05-2018
Banned

Quote:
I would have been added to this list this summer upon the delivery of our FP 40, but Smack you know the story... Hopefully we may again get the catamaran fever once more when 'bodies' heal... but it doesn't mean we can't enjoy a thread about multihulls and I know you wanted me to start this thread and glad the moderator stepped in.
Yeah, I know the story and really hope things come back around for you guys on that. I don't see why you shouldn't be included on that list too - even if it's a bit early. And count me jealous on that FP40!
post #488 of 577 Old 03-05-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa3jy View Post
I try not to get involved but Iím curious why the moderator being the OP of this thread isnít moderating..there have been a few comments that have been very close if not crossed the line of internet style bullying... Letís keep this thread on track as Iím trying to learn something about catamarans.. Thanks,

Clay AA3JY
Thank you for trying to get everyone back on topic. I too am trying to learn about multi's and comparing to mono's since I am preparing for my first cruising boat purchase. I plan to live aboard so need to make a good decision up front.
post #489 of 577 Old 03-05-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Yeah, I know the story and really hope things come back around for you guys on that. I don't see why you shouldn't be included on that list too - even if it's a bit early. And count me jealous on that FP40!
Smack... Like I mentioned earlier take a tour at the boat show in your area or take a trip to the Miami Boat Show, you'll be impressed on the Lucia 40 model quality for the price it's going for... the Helia 44 was very nice as well but didn't offer more than the Lucia model. For a cruising couple the Lucia is really all you need at least that is what we came away with.
smackdaddy likes this.
post #490 of 577 Old 03-05-2018
Banned

Quote:
Smack... Like I mentioned earlier take a tour at the boat show in your area or take a trip to the Miami Boat Show, you'll be impressed on the Lucia 40 model quality for the price it's going for... the Helia 44 was very nice as well but didn't offer more than the Lucia model. For a cruising couple the Lucia is really all you need at least that is what we came away with.
I see what you mean about the Lucia vs the Helia. I really like the open layout of the Lucia...

It's a great looking boat and seems to be just the right size for me. It's great looking at these new models because they will probably be the used boats I'll be in the market for in 3-4 years.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in