Built by robertson
Hi all, anyone knows of this boat?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 3 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Re: angelo lavranos holiday 34

I am not familiar with the Holiday 34, but I have some exposure to Angelo Lavranos work. While he is not all that well known in the U.S., Angelo Lavranos appears to be a talented designer. The few boats of his design that I have been aboard tended to be mildly conservative in design, and seemingly robustly engineered. Its hard to know how much of what I saw represented Mr. Levranos work, but the interiors were nicely laid out and detailed with none of the strange misteps that you sometimes see from less competent designers. The deck plan worked well on those boats as well. The level of finish on both boats were pretty utilitarian but well executed. Its hard to know whether that may have been because of the builder and/or owner rather than the designer. The hull lines on those boats were such that I would have expected good performance and a decent motion.

Robertson has a good reputation as a builder of performance cruisers and now multihulls. They built some of Farr's designs and the few that I have seen have a very nice level of fit and finish to them. Crawling around in the bilge of one of Farr designed Robertson built boats, I was impressed with the apparent quality of the glass work, even in spots that no one would normally see.

I don't know if this is helpful at all, but its all that I can bring to the discussion.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay
post #3 of 3 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Re: angelo lavranos holiday 34

Thank you so much, it sure helps in a way

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in