Any pre 1990 30 footers with really large cockpits? - Page 5 - SailNet Community
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 46 Old 08-14-2019

Re: Any pre 1990 30 footers with really large cockpits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefingers View Post
Yep. Stretches the budget though. I know they can be had for $30,000, but I think you need to get $40,000 for one without problems, but who knows. If one came up for a good price, it would be a hard consideration.
Yes they are holding value for an older boat. A Navel Architect I chartered with back in the 1990's had delivered a number of them. The construction and simplicity of design are things that impressed him. Personally, I bought my 1986 Nonsuch 30U in 1995 and have not looked at another boat since.
flyrod likes this.

Mike
Currently: Heading to warm waters over the winter on a variety of boats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 Old 08-14-2019

Love the Nonsuch line. Lots of boat for the LOA. Relatively easy to sail, although, limited too. I understand there are some mast step issues on some models, but should be easily surveyed.

I think the real point for the OP to consider is that they seem to hold their value. Would one rather pay a bit more for something that holds itís value, or less for something that might lose value. The higher price could make a lot more sense (and Iím not even trying to talk my wife into it)

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #43 of 46 Old 08-14-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefingers View Post
Well, this will explain a lot: https://bunz.com/item/toronto/makeup...e21a0df5f6c190

I like meeting new people. Have made lots of new friends, two of which have gone on to buy there own boat, (bigger than mine too, the bastards). And when I note I am certified it doesn't mean I have a captains license. Just all the CYA stuff and harbour licences/VHF licences etc...

Bunz is a trading site up here. I can also get boat cleaning done in exchange for sailing , although most people opt for the "feed me" choice.
Fair enough. But couldn't you consider meeting 3 new people each time, instead of 5? That will make it massively easier to find a good, affordable boat. Seating for four is common. Seating for six is hard to find, at least below 40 ft!

post #44 of 46 Old 08-14-2019
al brazzi

Fingers, have you looked at a CS30. I have coaming seats, helm seat goes all the way across with a tee shaped footwell, easily one on each side and the bridge deck is good for one. That's quite comfortable in a 30. Perhaps not quite as big as a C30 but close. Faster too
post #45 of 46 Old 08-14-2019

Maybe you need a catamaran.
Kids do kid stuff up on the tramp.
Adults chill
Pile them in for sunset sails with iced drinks...
Minnewaska likes this.
post #46 of 46 Old 08-15-2019
al brazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisteredUser View Post
Maybe you need a catamaran.
Kids do kid stuff up on the tramp.
Adults chill
Pile them in for sunset sails with iced drinks...
Up on the tramp? that's pretty good

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in