SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

smaller and lighter boat

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sailingdog 
#1 ·
We looking for a light weight trailerable cat or tri, for weekends only perhaps a Stiletto or Macgregor

I have a offshore monahull cruiser

#2 ·
New yacht on the horizon

I have a friend, Art Kelly, who is currently undergoing the sea trials for his new KIWI 280-C trailer sailer. If interested contact him at Kelly-Hanson Marine | America's Premiere MacGregor Yachts Dealer
Hull #1 is his, and there's no brochure yet, but he wanted to make it affordable, (not like a Macgregor though) and still exceptionaly fast. I've only seen the sailplan, and some early photos, but it's pretty exciting. I

#3 ·
How large a boat are you looking for?

The Telstar 28, Corsair 24/28/31, Dragonfly 800/900 are all pretty good boats, and would suite your requirements. However, I can't think of any good trailerable catamarans, except the R33, but that is a demountable, rather than a folding design, and as such, requires quite a bit of work to make "trailerable".

BTW, I own a Telstar 28... and love it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.