financing a boat - Page 2 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 10-28-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Giu...you're right and I am ashamed of my past. In my opinion, Portugese women make the best clients because they are so hungry for skilled, good looking lovers. By the way...I have a lot of these pretty bills they gave me for my trouble....I saved them cause I liked the sailboats...are they worth anything now?? (g)
Ahh yes yes yes...those were VERY GAY MAN certificates....only issued to the gayest of the gayest of the gayest.....

It says in Portuguese there...

This certifies the holder as being very very GAY, but if he owns a Tayana painted in Patriotic blue, then he's sooooo gay that even gay men will say: Uhhhhh..he gay.....

Let me show you the real MAN certificate. Only given to people whose boats sail faster than 12 knots.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 Old 10-29-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc2don View Post
I'm wanting to finance our boat.
Have you considered saving up and buying the boat with your own money ?

What are you pretending not to know ?

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 21 Old 10-29-2007

I would never, ever recommend that someone go into debt to buy a boat, but I have friends who have done it (and whom will be begging on the streets in their old age I am sure - but that's another issue), and they use this company:

http://www.toyloan.com/

post #14 of 21 Old 10-30-2007 Thread Starter

Thanks for the info!
post #15 of 21 Old 10-30-2007

Alex
Is that the recent Miss Portugal on the front of Cam's bill? Thankfully your beauty contests are not televised in the US.

Chuckles
p.s., Marc2don, sorry to hijack the thread, couldn't resist it.
post #16 of 21 Old 10-30-2007

That's a pretty cool looking dinghy.

Why did Portugal switch to Euro's, did the Banco de Portugal go out of business ?

Subway subs stopped making those stamps too so you can't get free subs anymore.

What are you pretending not to know ?

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 21 Old 10-30-2007

Try Tom Spirito At Gulfcoast funding in St. Petersburg Fl.
post #18 of 21 Old 11-02-2007

I would go to your local (yearly tho) boat show! (I'm in Toronto) and I often see booths set up by the banks - most notably Scotiabank. I'd contact some of the local (or at least Canadian) yacht brokers - they must know who finances boats.

Keep the house! and if it's paid don't mortgage it. You could use it for security but make sure you have sufficient insurance coverage on the boat to cover ALL costs in case of accident/loss.

Also, REGISTER your boat (same as USCG documentation) as opposed to LICENSING your boat (same as Titling) - this proves your OWNERSHIP (or the bank's really) as opposed to the right to be on the water.

If you can, go smaller and cheaper and pay for it cash (or as much as possible) rather than dream big and mortgage to the hilt.

my $0.02 Canadian...... about $0.03 U.S.

Tom
post #19 of 21 Old 11-04-2007

I thought about Valiente's suggestion, but I don't want to wait to buy a boat until after I pay off my house. That's the beauty of financing, you can afford high ticket items without saving up forever.

Try scottboatloans, I know they lend internationally. They have 20 year loans in the mid 6's% right now.
post #20 of 21 Old 11-04-2007
Living & Cruising on Dana

Boats are perishable goods - you can end up paying a long time for something you don't have anymore!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in