Join Date: May 2008
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Ok, another new boat question.....
For anyone who can help, much thanks!!!
My wife and I are learning to sail together (I used to sail with my grandfather and father as a boy), and soon it will be time to start looking for our first boat. With the following criteria, what would your suggestion be?
1. Trailerable (in SW FL, slip fees are WAY too much for a young couple like us!)
2. Able to be pulled by a 4cyl. S-10.
3. Easy to rig.
4. Stable. Neither my wife or I am really interested in perfecting our righting abilities!!
5. A small cabin or cuddy to get out of the hot sun!!
6. I really enjoy sailing with a jib (although the gun-mount spinnaker on the schools Freedom was pretty cool too!)
I always enjoyed my grandfather's 20' Gale Force, but I don't think my truck has the oomph to pull something like that out of the water! I've looked at some of the smaller offerings from Hunter (170), Catalina (16.5), and Precision (165), but I don't really have any idea as to what would be appropriate. Any help would be [U]greatly[U] appreciated!!
P.S. Our sailing will be confined to the Caloosahatchee River for the foreseeable future, if that makes a difference.