LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4801 of 5317 Old 06-10-2014
Banned

Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Mark:
Welcome back.

I've been a bit busy. We race FRANCIS LEE for the fourth time this weekend. We have been doing very well with a couple of first overall's and a DNF due to no wind. Fact is we got bored and bailed. We race again this weekend. FRANCIS came up to the shack last weekend. It was nice to see the boat on my mooring.
Wow. Just wow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4802 of 5317 Old 06-10-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanbedankt View Post
BY FAR THE BRENT SWAIN STEEL SAILBOAT HAS PROVEN ITSELF> FOR COASTAL CRUSING AND OFFSHORE time and time again!!> MANY SATISFIED CRUISERS ARE CRUISING AND LIVING ABOARD A BRENT SWAIN STEEL SAILBOAT> AND HAVING A GREAT LIFESTYLE AND SUPPORT AND SAFE CRUISING> I know many myself who have built the Brent Swain and have put so many countries under the keel of thier Brent Swain Steel Boat. Having access to Brent for ideas and questions and concerns is also a plus. Many Architects walk out the door as soon as the huge price of the plans are paid for. Leaving you to wonder what to do now. Brent is generously available and easily and has many folks who back him that are so willing to share ideas, questions, and concerns. Sometimes you can buy one and make it yours and have a giant array of information because you own a Brent Swain Boat. And its a solid platform made of the genuine article. THERE ARE SOME DISBELIEVERS ON THIS SITE I have noticed< BUT THEY SAIL HUNTERS>>OR HAVE HUGE EGOS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRUE ARTICLE OF A BRENT SWAIN BOAT> THATS A FAR CRY FROM actual EXPERIENCE> To my astonishment the disbeleivers are quite immature. Check out the Brent Swain Steel Boat from those who live, sail, build and cruise on them. They have gone everywhere around the planet with giant comfort and success. And for fractions of the dollar. They are a very Exciting and Unique Steel construction wich does not stop at just the hull.. it goes into an entire respected lifestyle . ENJOY! HAPPY SEARCHING! and most of all happy and safe crusing time.
Yeah but, from what I've seen, he lies all the time. It's kinda hard to trust someone that does that. He also hides in his own yahoo-cult, lobs wildly defamatory comments at good people on other forums (i.e. - behind their back), then deletes posts on said yahoo-cult that take him to task about it. It's kinda hard to respect a raging coward.

I don't know who on this earth would actually consider the above behavior a "respected lifestyle" - but they can't be quite sane - or anywhere near moral - if they do.

So, added all up, BS is kind of an epic failure in my opinion.

Last edited by smackdaddy; 06-11-2014 at 12:54 PM.
post #4803 of 5317 Old 06-11-2014

Bob,

Where is Karma in the pic. Saw something on FB with Karma there too! I know one of the owners of that boat.

Marty

She drives me boat,
I drives me dinghy!

post #4804 of 5317 Old 06-11-2014

This new guy has given out 4 likes, ALL to BS! name is similar. Oh, has BS been given the stick o deodorant!?!?!?!???

any way, where was I? oh yeah someone said "marty is being a marty!" be careful when that occurs, that can be scarry. Only thing worst, is if you have two or more Marty's around.........

still need to figure out how to post the pics of poor frankie getting run over by a ferry!......lolol

Marty

She drives me boat,
I drives me dinghy!
post #4805 of 5317 Old 06-11-2014
grumpy old man

Marty:
KARMA is the photo boat. My buddy Boomer was on KARMA and took that shot. He also took a video of FRANCIS arriving at the shack. In the video FRANCIS looks like it's doing 15 knots. But it isn't. I'll try to figure out how to post the vid here. It's good for a laugh.

I can do without liars here. I can do without guys who manufacture events and invent facts. BS is always just BS and I'm not at all into BS.

Please visit my blog. It's fun to read.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site
post #4806 of 5317 Old 06-11-2014
grumpy old man

See if this works:
smackdaddy and goat like this.

Bob's Blog ....

post #4807 of 5317 Old 06-11-2014

Nice to see you back Marty. Have enjoyed your posts. Shame is there are some very fine steel boats out there and it remains a viable material for boat building for the target audience of a certain breed of cruisers. Unfortunately the cons of BS boats would seem to far outweigh the pros. If you are truly interested in steel please refer to the metal boat society or another source rather than blindly join the cult of Brent.
Bob sweet boat but that has been said before and will be said again. Been on the boat and moving around a bit. Wife has been learning her skill set and fortunately is doing quite well.
Offended by prior post as I don't own a Hunter and feel quite confident in my boat in any setting-coastal, near shore or blue water. Taking a shot at Smack was uncalled for Brent. He loves and enjoys his boat. What's wrong with that.

s/v Hippocampus
Outbound 46
post #4808 of 5317 Old 06-11-2014

Video looks good Bob.

Outbound, I would agree, steel boats have a place, as do wood, glass, or any other material a boat can be made of for that matter. Again depends upon the what you are doing with said boat. IE river rafting, dinghy, daysailor, weekender, occasional week or two, sailing the high seas, ie north or south of the 40-50th parallel, rum running, trade wind routes........america's cup boat, ALL are good, even smackies Hunter! at least it is still afloat, unlike the poor smacktanic I.....RIP!

Was looking for Frankie on the 530 ferry tonight, did not see her out and about tonight! waaaaaaaaaaaaaa. was hoping to see her survive another ferry run over. LOLOLOL

marty

She drives me boat,
I drives me dinghy!
post #4809 of 5317 Old 06-12-2014
grumpy old man

Marty:
FRANCIS will be out tonight doing the Elliot Bay beer can race.

Bob's Blog ....

post #4810 of 5317 Old 06-12-2014

I see Frankie is doing the Three Buoy Fiasco. Would have been fun to race against you, but CYC Edmonds has our Mad Dash to Port Ludlow and back this weekend. Will be my third doublehand race with my wife.

Weather reports are showing interesting winds.

David

1987 CS 36 Merlin "Kyrie"

"They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house. I'm not made of stone!" -Krusty the Clown
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in