Bristol logo stickers - SailNet Community
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Delta-T

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Bristol logo stickers

Hi all, Robert Gray over the past several years has been a big Make-A-Wish foundation fundraiser, with his trucking company and other means. He has raised $18k over the past 4 years. Great job Bob!

He has reproduced the stickers that were on the second generation models. The Blue ones. Two stickers for a min. $20 donation to Make-A-Wish.

https://secure2.wish.org/site/TR/Int...4WAS7NolX07GAk

Thanks for your help,
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_7.png   Screenshot_7.jpg  
chicory83 and bristol299bob like this.

Eric
Delta-T
1968 Bristol 32 Keel/Crb Hull 26
Narragansett Bay RI USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Re: Bristol logo stickers

Delta-T do you happen to know the history of the Bristol logos? I thought they red over black (that is what is on my mainsail). I have seen the light blue over dark blue (I have a mug with that color logo and to be honest I thought it had faded :-) )

1977 Bristol 29.9
Surprise
Hull #5
Oriental NC
post #3 of 3 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Re: Bristol logo stickers

You are correct, the classic logo is red and black, as I have on my sails too.

Well as far as I can tell the blues stickers are on some the second generation boats. The first gen boats before 1972 had a 4" round ABS plaque adjacent the transom, with the hull number stamped in the middle. They did not last long. I had Bristol Bronze reproduce them in bronze. You can get one for about $80.

The second gen boats after 1972 had no manufacture plaques that I know of. The blue logo stickers are an exact reproduction form an owner and several have been sold. Like 75 stickers. I do display the blue sticker on my 1968 B32 on the hull. It's nice to have some kind of ID. And the money goes to a great cause. Bob donated the cost of the stickers. Now I was just talking to Bob about doing a red and black run. We might do so. But it is not original equipment.

I will ask Clinton Person to see if he knows the progression. It also maybe something one of the sales locations put on the boats. I know the Chessy club uses a logo that is similar to the blue one.
Attached Thumbnails
100_0986.JPG   100_1193.JPG   100_1378.JPG   DSC08668.JPG   Bristol new logo.jpg  

Eric
Delta-T
1968 Bristol 32 Keel/Crb Hull 26
Narragansett Bay RI USA

Last edited by Delta-T; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:58 PM.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in