C&C 32 can anyone tell me about them? - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 Old 10-05-2019 Thread Starter
Above 5 knots

Dock
Re: C&C 32 can anyone tell me about them?

Well today I pulled the trigger, and put a deposit down on a nicely maintained C&C 32.
Attached Thumbnails
candc32.jpg  

Freedom, a 1983 C&C 32 sailing Smith Mountain Lake, VA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 Old 10-05-2019

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingUphill View Post
Well today I pulled the trigger, and put a deposit down on a nicely maintained C&C 32.

Congrats and welcome to the C&C club. Enjoy your new boat

Register when you get her

C&C Yachts - C&C Photo Album & Resource Center
wymbly1971 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
post #13 of 25 Old 10-05-2019 Thread Starter
Above 5 knots

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Ironic, I was just here.

post #14 of 25 Old 10-06-2019

Our Haleakula is registered under the 35MKIII k/c.

I also have joined the e mail blog on the site. It has great tips for upgrades as well as repairs to existing features.

Congrats again.
SailingUphill likes this.

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
post #15 of 25 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Above 5 knots

Dock

Took the new ride out on Saturday. I moved the boat last weekend from Union Hall to Huddleston VA to get closer to my house. It is now 30 minutes drive (give or take) from my house instead of 1:10 minutes.

Wife and I took the boat out at 11am, and didn't arrive back at dock until about 4:30pm. We worked to remove the canvas from the bimini and dodger

When we started out winds were 6-8 knots, by the time we got back we were seeing whitecaps on the water, and getting a pretty good groove on.

Its a lot more boat than I am used to sailing, but it has a lot of potential. Lots of sail controls to fix and some minor tweaks to performance.

Its going to take me a while to get used to backing into my slip with this boat. It doesn't back well. I suspect it may have a folding prop which might be contributing to that.

Oh and I removed the dodger (no eisenglass) and after this trip we removed all the canvas, and we winterized the whole boat (for sitting in the water). I plan on sailing the boat still, but will re-winterize the boat after each trip.

Boat needs the backstay adjuster fixed. The vang upgraded to 8:1 and run back to the cabin (you can see the spare spinlock that was for it). The mini hatches need replaced (they leak).

Overall I like how it sails and think its got a nice Yanmar diesel (2 cyl). Ran the diesel about 45 minutes when we started (and I left it on bat1). Sailed with only Knot/depth/VHF and fridge running for 5 hours. When I attempted to start the engine, it barely turned over, and did not start. I was a little put aback by this, until I recalled that I had switched to single battery. I switched to "ALL" and it fired right up, but it was a couple minutes of "oh crap now what." Was working up to the idea of sailing into my slip (which would be entertaining at the VERY least). Note to self the batteries are likely shot.

Regardless it was a great sail. As you can see from Navionics, we covered some water.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1302.jpg   IMG_1295.jpg   73388378_3152352794780257_7645436266741235712_o.jpg  

Last edited by SailingUphill; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:57 PM.
post #16 of 25 Old 3 Weeks Ago
WhatTheKell

Congrats on your new boat. She looks sweet and I liked the way the rig was set up. There was a 36 for sale at my home marina, the wife loved it, and I liked the quality of the build. I thought the salon and cockpit were more "party boat" than sailboat though. C&C 32 will be on my short-list when I'm looking for my next boat for sure.
post #17 of 25 Old 3 Weeks Ago
WhatTheKell

Couple quick questions I forgot to ask. What lake are you on? (couldn't quite make it out on the screenshot) And if you don't mind, what did the boat set you back? The C&C 36 I referenced went for 22K.
post #18 of 25 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingUphill View Post
Took the new ride out on Saturday. I moved the boat last weekend from Union Hall to Huddleston VA to get closer to my house. It is now 30 minutes drive (give or take) from my house instead of 1:10 minutes.

Wife and I took the boat out at 11am, and didn't arrive back at dock until about 4:30pm. We worked to remove the canvas from the bimini and dodger

When we started out winds were 6-8 knots, by the time we got back we were seeing whitecaps on the water, and getting a pretty good groove on.

Its a lot more boat than I am used to sailing, but it has a lot of potential. Lots of sail controls to fix and some minor tweaks to performance.

Its going to take me a while to get used to backing into my slip with this boat. It doesn't back well. I suspect it may have a folding prop which might be contributing to that.

Fall sailing 10/26/2019 - YouTube

Oh and I removed the dodger (no eisenglass) and after this trip we removed all the canvas, and we winterized the whole boat (for sitting in the water). I plan on sailing the boat still, but will re-winterize the boat after each trip.

Boat needs the backstay adjuster fixed. The vang upgraded to 8:1 and run back to the cabin (you can see the spare spinlock that was for it). The mini hatches need replaced (they leak).

Overall I like how it sails and think its got a nice Yanmar diesel (2 cyl). Ran the diesel about 45 minutes when we started (and I left it on bat1). Sailed with only Knot/depth/VHF and fridge running for 5 hours. When I attempted to start the engine, it barely turned over, and did not start. I was a little put aback by this, until I recalled that I had switched to single battery. I switched to "ALL" and it fired right up, but it was a couple minutes of "oh crap now what." Was working up to the idea of sailing into my slip (which would be entertaining at the VERY least). Note to self the batteries are likely shot.

Regardless it was a great sail. As you can see from Navionics, we covered some water.
Congrats again....glad you got her out
Dodger is really a Bimini. Needs the tw side and glass in front
That can be remedied with 3 zip in panels...two side ...and glass ( use strata glass vs eisenglass)

You will really enjoy her tight handling.
Also C&C like to be reefed early (18 knots) to stay on their feet

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

post #19 of 25 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Above 5 knots

Dock

I've seen dodger and spray hood used interchangeably. I zipped off the front panel (which is solid), and wraps around the "Front bimini."

Panels zip off of the forward section and between the forward spray hood/bimini and aft bimini.

Honestly think its overkill on our lake, although I can see the want for it in the hottest days of summer, otherwise its overkill for the lake.

Yes I can see that is overpowers quickly. 18 knots true is a significant amount of wind for a 150 and full main so that makes sense.
Attached Thumbnails
20190811_162214.jpg  

Last edited by SailingUphill; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:14 PM.
post #20 of 25 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Above 5 knots

Dock

Ok so I've stripped the boat of all bimini's (for winter).
We went for a nice long motor today, because there was less than 5 knots of wind. New marina has powered slips but 1 dock. I plan on running power down the dock (he allows that) to just charge the batteries, but haven't gotten to it yet. So for now my plan is to come to the boat weekly and fire up the motor, run it for at least 30 minutes, today it was more like 3 hours at 2000+ rpm most the way.

Anyway, while motoring all over it gives me way to much time to look at rigging. Noticed someone moved the boom up (like a foot), which of course means someone likely trimmed the mainsail down. I have another mainsail which is in great shape but now I am worried it too might be trimmed down to fit the new boom position.

I want to be getting the boat back into its original configuration, so that I can improve sailing characteristics. I'll likely be removing the forward bimini, but I must admit I like the one over the skipper station.

Lots to do, ordered a boomkicker, which I can almost guarantee won't reach the new boom height, might be able to fudge it, I'll have to see.

I also want to rig up something so I can control the traveler from the aft position. I know I won't be able to do anything about the mainsheet, but if I can route the traveler controls aft, then I'll be well on my way towards rigging for better single handing.

I ordered a new lewmar ocean 20 hatch for the one over the salon that is leaking. Right now its tarp city (and the tarp is dying). If the hatch works and fits well, I'll replace the other on the boat.

Motored all over the lake today, no real wind, but it was great exercise for the Yammie.
Attached Thumbnails
MapCourse20191102.jpg   IMG_1322.jpg  

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in