SailNet Community

SailNet Community (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   C30 (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/c30/)
-   -   Tru Design Seacocks (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/c30/329160-tru-design-seacocks.html)

Jac123 04-11-2019 12:02 PM

Tru Design Seacocks

I am considering installing 4 new Seacocks on my 89 Catalina 30. I like the design of the Tru Design with the collars.
Has anyone installed them or have any opinions of them?

RegisteredUser 04-11-2019 12:56 PM

Re: Tru Design Seacocks

All new trudesign thru hulls...boat hasnt sunk..yet.

Jac123 04-11-2019 02:48 PM

All new trudesign thru hulls...boat hasnt sunk..yet

Did you use the model with collars - if so did they sit flush against the inside of hull without build up?

olson34 04-11-2019 07:16 PM

Please post up some pix of them, in place!
Thanks.

nramsey 04-11-2019 07:32 PM

I've had them for 5 years and the have been great. Mine don't have the collars, they came out after I had finished the install.
However, my valves are in confined areas with no big heavy items to hit them. If I had to do it now I'd use the collars for peace of mind. You know, just in case the gold bars need to be stowed there.:grin
What I like about them is no worry about corrosion and, unlike the marelon one I had, they have never been stuck or even difficult to operate.

RegisteredUser 04-11-2019 07:46 PM

Maybe i look at seacocks and thru hulls similar to battery connection....nothing potentially bad gets near them.

Yeah...gold bars stowed in safe places...:)

Jac123 04-11-2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nramsey (Post 2051595400)
I've had them for 5 years and the have been great. Mine don't have the collars, they came out after I had finished the install.
However, my valves are in confined areas with no big heavy items to hit them. If I had to do it now I'd use the collars for peace of mind. You know, just in case the gold bars need to be stowed there.:grin
What I like about them is no worry about corrosion and, unlike the marelon one I had, they have never been stuck or even difficult to operate.

Thanks for the info regarding tru design. How difficult was it to remove the old ones?
Mine look like they're going to put up a fight because of their condition and location. Any "tricks" for removal and/or tools that would make the job easier?

overbored 04-11-2019 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jac123 (Post 2051595426)
Thanks for the info regarding tru design. How difficult was it to remove the old ones?
Mine look like they're going to put up a fight because of their condition and location. Any "tricks" for removal and/or tools that would make the job easier?

Grind off the mushroom head and they come right out