Caliber 33 mounting instruments over companionway - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 01-07-2019 Thread Starter

Caliber 33 mounting instruments over companionway

Hi All:

My wife and i recently purchased a Caliber 33. We were planning on upgrading the instruments where are currently mounted on the binnacle. We would like to mount them over the companionway but are having a little trouble figuring out the best way to do this, since the rope clutches are so close to the left side of the companionway. Has anyone done this and if so would you be able to walk me through it? Pictures would be most helpful. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-07-2019

Re: Caliber 33 mounting instruments over companionway

Mstorey first congrats on your new boat. I'm not real familiar with the Caliber but they do look nice. Looking at pics of ones that are for sale, What I see is it is very tight for space between the traveler and the rope clutches. What I have seen on other boats that I have been on either cruising or racing on is that people will mount the instruments in a pod ahead of the traveler on the hood of the companion way. The disadvantage with that is that you most likely be looking thru the window of your dodger. I suppose you could mount it on the companion way slider but that would restrict the opening.
Good luck with your project and fair wind ....Happy sailing
Peter

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in