2015 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake - SailNet Community
 97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 435 Old 01-01-2015 Thread Starter
Mermaid Hunter

2015 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

Checking in this morning to see what the new season thread looked like it appears no one has started one.

Best wishes to all on the New Year and a wonderful season for sailing.

To start things off, we expect our first day on the boat of the New Year to be tomorrow.
T37Chef and Nate USMC like this.

sail fast and eat well, dave S/V Auspicious

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

beware "cut and paste" sailors

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 435 Old 01-01-2015

Dock
Re: 2015 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

Happy New Year to you as well. I'm going to be on the boat but not sailing next week. I need to sew up part of the flap on the jib that covers it when it furls. Not much of a sewer but I'm going to give it a try. Can't wait to get sailing!
post #3 of 435 Old 01-01-2015
The most female moderator

Dock

We didn't launch last year due to John's work travel schedule. This year will be different. We started our projects yesterday. Launch date is 1 April after which we intend to tear up the bay.
T37Chef likes this.

Donna

Catalina 30 TRBS
Rock Hall, MD
KB3ZCB

If you're helping someone and expecting something in return, you're doing business not kindness.

post #4 of 435 Old 01-01-2015

Cheers mates...here is too a wonderful 2015. Boat project list never gets shorter but why should it We are looking forward to getting together with friends more often, boat is still sail ready and hopefully we will get out for the first sail of 2015 soon.

Best to all in 2015...Happy New Year!

Shawn

post #5 of 435 Old 01-01-2015

I have a few electronics projects planned. I have a Seatalk/NMEA converter/WiFi router arriving tomorrow. It will integrate depth/compass/GPS/AIS (and eventually wind) into my navigation tablet so it's all in one place.

A new Windex arrived yesterday, so that will go on the masthead as soon as I fabricate an extension arm to move it away from the antenna. The current Windex was mangled by a PO who avoided building an extension arm by bending the Windex itself to avoid the antenna. In so doing, the fins ended up pointing forward, not backwards. Shawn is the only person who ever noticed that (last September while anchored in Still Pond). I've procrastinated on that one for several years, but a good price came up on Amazon so I bought a new one.

Finally, I have an wireless electronic wind transducer that will hopefully come in March. I hope to put that at the other end of the extension arm from the Windex. But I may decide to test it out at deck level for the first year to make sure it's reliable. In that case, I'll mount it at the very front of the bow pulpit.

All that, plus due for new bottom paint - it will be a busy Spring.
T37Chef likes this.

Rick S., Swarthmore, PA
USCG Certified Captain, OUPV and 50 Ton Master
ASA Certified 101/103/104/105/106

2001 Catalina 34MkII Tall Rig Wing Keel Breakin' Away, Universal Diesel M35B, Mantus 35 lb. anchor, sailing out of Rock Hall Landing Marina
post #6 of 435 Old 01-01-2015

Weather looks decent for some winter sailing...I hope.

Shawn

post #7 of 435 Old 01-01-2015

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Happy New Years to All

We finally winterized Haleakula today after staying overnight last night. Our club, Maryland Yacht Club had an awesome New Years Eve Party attended well.

Because our GM and Executive Chef resigned prior to the event the responsibilities for running it, making the menu, cooking fell to me.

I was able to encourage 15 members to help the day preceding , dec 30, to make over 2300 upscale handmade hor devours as well as prep the Italian, Chinese, seafood and carving stations. I was fortunate to get staff out of one of the restaurants units I am in charge of to come a do the cooking and plattering that evening.

The event was a great success, a good band, a nice safe place to be on New Years for those of us who dont have to stay home with kids. And people didn't have to go on the roads as we had limo service and many stayed on their boats.

Pictures can be seen at Facebook friending the Maryland Yacht Club. Our club really is a special place

Last edited by chef2sail; 01-01-2015 at 11:48 PM.
post #8 of 435 Old 01-02-2015

Happy New Year!

I'm hoping to get out today and possibly Sunday before putting The Office to bed for a couple months.

Joel
post #9 of 435 Old 01-02-2015

We were on the boat on New Years Day also. Unfortunately, the boat was sitting on stands in a parking lot. Still nice to be aboard for a few minutes. Spring cant come fast enough!
post #10 of 435 Old 01-02-2015

Well, for the first time in decades, my boat list is very, very short, I'm gonna desert the old girl and my wife and I will drive south as soon as I'm healthy enough to do so, drink lots of booze, sing to the lades in skimpy bikinis, and come back home in mid March with a good tan.

Cheers,

Gary
brokesailor likes this.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in