2017 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake - Page 103 - SailNet Community
 1023Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1021 of 1316 Old 08-29-2017

Re: 2017 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

Thanks Shawn. Though if I were tough, the rib would not have broken - I would have just bounced off the lazerette and opened a beer. Headed for the boat to hang up some for sale signs this morning then to the Doc In A Box to get some x-rays. Still hurts like hell.

Gary
T37Chef, willyd and oldlaxer1 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1316 Old 08-29-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Do they deliver to two people on a boat with the "taxi" ? What are the requirements? We rarely take a mooring in the harbor . Maybe I can drop Donna off on a fly by at the town dock and hang out and pick her up. We've done that before for sushi and then found a quiet creek to eat it��������������
To be sure I just called the Dock St location - they do deliver meals to boats on and around the Annapolis moorings, but the delivery RIB is in the shop right now. It may be back in service for the weekend, phone to check or order is 443 221 4731. I imagine if you timed it right you could order on the way in and pick up while turning around in Ego Alley.
post #1023 of 1316 Old 08-29-2017

We had a great sail on Sunday with good winds, out to Tilgman, Poplar, West River and back to Herring Bay. We developed a split in our furling main sail just behind the webbing at the sun guard. Anyone have a favorite sail loft near Deale/Annapolis?

I went through the exercise of titling the used dinghy we bought today. It did not have a title, but I had the original owners receipt from St. Martin and a bill of sale. Apparently the magic words, as I was instructed, were "the dinghy was not powered before I bought it." Title is in hand.

Cheers, RickG
chef2sail and punahougirl84 like this.

RickG & Sweet Christine
S/V Echoes - 2003 Beneteau 423
Deale, MD

post #1024 of 1316 Old 08-29-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickGUSVI View Post
We had a great sail on Sunday with good winds, out to Tilgman, Poplar, West River and back to Herring Bay. We developed a split in our furling main sail just behind the webbing at the sun guard. Anyone have a favorite sail loft near Deale/Annapolis?

I went through the exercise of titling the used dinghy we bought today. It did not have a title, but I had the original owners receipt from St. Martin and a bill of sale. Apparently the magic words, as I was instructed, were "the dinghy was not powered before I bought it." Title is in hand.

Cheers, RickG
Bummer about the sail - you could try Chesapeake Sailmakers - local loft in Annapolis. Chuck O'Malley is the owner/manager. We worked with him to get our new sails, and they also took care of an old sail that we started out with as it came with our boat. Chesapeake Sailmakers, Sail Repair,Annapolis
T37Chef likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
A racing sailor in search of new adventures for her family!
s/v Kaimana, 1984 Beneteau First 38
post #1025 of 1316 Old 08-29-2017 Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quantum first
Bacon Second

Is it small enough to be hand stitched?

Or better yet buy a Sailrite machine so you don't have to use the loft anymore in the future. Also can take it cruising with you. All sail lofts are expensive

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
post #1026 of 1316 Old 08-29-2017 Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:

Cheers, RickG
Also you have canvas makers ar HH. They can also repair it. Probably quicker and cheaper

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
post #1027 of 1316 Old 08-30-2017

Thanks for the sail loft recommendations!

The folks at Canvas Connection at HHN are taking a look. Quantum will get the work if she think it is too much for her shop; I've used them in the VI. This is more than just a small tear and it is just forward of the reinforced clew, as much fun as the Sailrite suggestion would be.

This is the original Neil Pryde sail, but was cleaned and checked in March at Ullman in Deltaville. I was planning on buying a new 110% genoa next year and evaluating the roller furling main. I was happy with the Neil Pryde main we bought for our boat in the Caribbean, but its a simple sail and I'm sure a local company could make it just as well.

Cheers, RickG

RickG & Sweet Christine
Deale, MD
post #1028 of 1316 Old 08-31-2017

On the sail repair, Christine at Canvas Connection is comfortable doing the work for $125.

Cheers, RickG

RickG & Sweet Christine
Deale, MD
post #1029 of 1316 Old 09-01-2017

Looks like a dreary but cool weekend to sail North South on the bay... East Winds Saturday West winds Sunday... I'm thinking possibly Wye or Chester... anyone is in the area we could do cocktail and hors d'oeuvres Saturday or Sunday. Raft up of dingy to the biggest boat?

Shawn

Last edited by T37Chef; 09-01-2017 at 07:53 AM.
post #1030 of 1316 Old 09-01-2017

Quote:
Thanks for the sail loft recommendations!

The folks at Canvas Connection at HHN are taking a look. Quantum will get the work if she think it is too much for her shop; I've used them in the VI. This is more than just a small tear and it is just forward of the reinforced clew, as much fun as the Sailrite suggestion would be.

This is the original Neil Pryde sail, but was cleaned and checked in March at Ullman in Deltaville. I was planning on buying a new 110% genoa next year and evaluating the roller furling main. I was happy with the Neil Pryde main we bought for our boat in the Caribbean, but its a simple sail and I'm sure a local company could make it just as well.

Cheers, RickG
We got our sails from Jerry Lattell when we were sailing in Deltaville. For minor repairs he suggested the Ullman loft in Annapolis, and I've been very happy with them. Our sails will go to them for some restitching this offseason.

PalmettoSailor
s/v Palmetto Moon
1991 Catalina 36

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in