Kid Boats in Rock Hall? - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 08-11-2017 Thread Starter

Kid Boats in Rock Hall?

We'll be in Rock Hall from August 25-27 with our 2.5 year old toddler and 3 month old. We're wondering if there are any others in Rock Hall with small children aboard for a play, pool, or playground date that weekend? Our toddler loves meeting new kids and it would be fun to meet others with small kids for potential future raftups, etc.

s/v Spindrift
Beneteau Oceanis 400
formerly Lippincott 30
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-12-2017

Re: Kid Boats in Rock Hall?

We won't be able to make the rendezvous that weekend , but we have a 4 year old and a 2 year old if you want to meet up at some point in the future. Not many boats with little ones on board!

David

1992 Catalina 42 "Ankyra"
1988 Catalina 30 TRFK "Bare Feet"
1974 Catalina 22 swing keel "O'really!"
post #3 of 11 Old 08-14-2017 Thread Starter

We should definitely try to meet up. Where do you keep your boat? We usually sail into September and October so there's still some time for this season.

s/v Spindrift
Beneteau Oceanis 400
formerly Lippincott 30

post #4 of 11 Old 08-14-2017

We are berthed at Bohemia Bay Yacht Harbour on the Bohemia. We tend to stay above the bridge so we don't spend too many hours underway. We also plan on sailing into October. Pm me and maybe we can arrange something!

1992 Catalina 42 "Ankyra"
1988 Catalina 30 TRFK "Bare Feet"
1974 Catalina 22 swing keel "O'really!"
post #5 of 11 Old 08-15-2017

We are in Rock Hall. We used to be at Bohemia Bay as a matter of fact. Loved it there. This is our second season in Rock Hall. We have the works. baby, 2, 3, 5, and 8. Not sure what we are doing that weekend. We are currently recovering from 4 days at Rock Hall Pirates and Wenches weekend. We had a blast. The kids got to be in the pirate show and the electric water cannons I made up for the dinghy parade were a hit. Where are you staying in RH?
post #6 of 11 Old 08-16-2017 Thread Starter

TNT - wow that's quite a tribe - it's great you're out on the bay. We'll be at North Point Marina. Where are you? We're actually coming in for this event:

Rock Hall Sailnet Rendezvous August 2017

You'd be welcome to join in. Otherwise, we'll be around from Friday afternoon through Sunday late morning.

s/v Spindrift
Beneteau Oceanis 400
formerly Lippincott 30
post #7 of 11 Old 08-16-2017

We are at the Sailing Emporium directly across the harbor from North Point. How many boats do you think are coming in for the rendezvous? Thanks for the invite. I'll have to wait and see what we have planned. I was hoping to anchor out somewhere since we are so close to school starting. Labor Day weekend is already cut down due to family parties, etc.. Perhaps we can at least dinghy over Friday afternoon/evening for a bit.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-17-2017 Thread Starter

Unfortunately a bunch of people pulled out of the rendezvous and it is kind of collapsing. But we're still coming to RH that weekend regardless, so just give me a shout when you know your plans. Friday afternoon/evening should be good.

s/v Spindrift
Beneteau Oceanis 400
formerly Lippincott 30
post #9 of 11 Old 08-24-2017 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V TNT View Post
We are at the Sailing Emporium directly across the harbor from North Point. How many boats do you think are coming in for the rendezvous? Thanks for the invite. I'll have to wait and see what we have planned. I was hoping to anchor out somewhere since we are so close to school starting. Labor Day weekend is already cut down due to family parties, etc.. Perhaps we can at least dinghy over Friday afternoon/evening for a bit.
Are you planning to be around Rock Hall this weekend? We'd still be interested in meeting up if so.
post #10 of 11 Old 08-30-2017

I apologize for not getting back to you. Last week was a tough week and Friday I was anxious to shove off from the dock. I completely forgot about it. We actually went to Inner Harbor for the weekend. Probably passed you on your way in Friday. We went to the Ravens game Sat night. One of my little cousins played flag football on the field at half time. We had all 5 kids at the game. The security there thought we were hero's for making it through the entire game. Lol. PM me your info. That might be easier. I don't have enough posts yet to PM mine. Will likely be at Still Pond Sun and Mon this coming weekend.

Last edited by S/V TNT; 08-30-2017 at 07:54 AM.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in