2018 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake - Page 64 - SailNet Community
 467Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #631 of 1159 Old 06-23-2018
bell ringer

Re: 2018 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlin-easy View Post
Sorry, I guessed I missed that part. I was thinking he was referring to Republicans.

Gary
You have a few days to take that back or to make it sound better! Or I’ll hunt your boat down and go all pirate bird poop on it

Don't blow air up my rear, be useful and blow it at the sails!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Don0190; 06-23-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1159 Old 06-23-2018

Hunt me down, but just keep in mind that I'm a really old fart and old farts pack heat wherever they go cause we're old. Guess I won't change the post/

See ya when you get up this way, Don - the bar is fully stocked.

Gary
post #633 of 1159 Old 06-24-2018 Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don0190 View Post
You have a few days to take that back or to make it sound better! Or I’ll hunt your boat down and go all pirate bird poop on it
Ha remember you are a guest in our waters.

Even though we are all very divergent in opinions we are members of the Chesapeake Posse. Gary being a charter member. Any pirate attack will be met and answered with full force.
oldlaxer1 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

post #634 of 1159 Old 06-24-2018 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
I'm in Milwaukee until next Thursday morning. My wife is in Chicago caring for parents, and our daughter is home taking care of the puppy by herself, which is an exercise in sleep deprivation. My wife and I had planned to cruise next Thur night through July 3, but that would be another week of the daughter having to take the dog by herself, which will wear her out so much it will be difficult for her to keep up with her job. We're thinking of altering our cruising plans to bring the dog on the boat, just to give our daughter a break. I'd appreciate any guidance on anchorages with dog-accessible places. I had hoped to make it down to Solomons, but we're going to have to stay close to Rock Hall in case things don't work well with the dog on the boat.

We may hop over to Annapolis for a day or two, since Federal House is very dog friendly (complete with dog bowls at the outdoor tables). Looks like Davis's Pub in Eastport also ranks high for canines. We eat mostly on the boat, but would like to have some restaurant time once or twice also.

https://www.bringfido.com/restaurant...napolis_md_us/

Other suggestions?
Here are a couple alternatives. You already have been to Annapolis and it’s starts getting nuts about now. If you want a mooring come early. (11 am).

We see people leave dinghy sited to moorings when the go out sailing for the day

St Micheals Harbor is crazy nuts on fireworks days. Yes people anchor off Parrot Point pretty deep into the river. The problem with the harbor is when the fireworks end .....the PB rev up and fly out of there for an hour. Remember any restaurant the weekend of the 4 will have a 2 hour wait.

Here’s a couple of close alternative ideas....they are free ....so that’s what their worth😀🌪

One would be to do the St Micheals thing on the Miles. Spend a couple days on the Wye River.... Shaw Bay...Granary Creek both have places you can let the doggie off .

Two...this one is better I think. Go to the Choptank. Anchor in San Domingo Creek. Take Fido to the fireworks with you. Dinghy are is at a public park.very pretty anchorage area and you won’t get the yahoos on the Miles River. Good restaurants in St Micheals not on the water to. T37chef and I both like Ava’s for what it’s worth. Next day do to Tred Avon and Oxford. Take Fido to walk the town. Great ice cream shop there. Next day go to La Trappe Creek or take a slip in the municipal Marinia in Cambridge.
Take Fido off the boat there too. Some restaurants around. There are pretty anchorages like Dunn Cove, Boby Owl Cove if you want solitude.

Personally I’d avoid the crowds in Annapolis. Visit there when you have short time and when the crowds are gone in the fall.

Lastly if you are that worried that the dog won’t adjustand he’s a healthy dog, put him in a kennel or vet kennel for a few days. My dog when alive was a huge German Shorthaired Pointer ( Thor) . We trained him to be on the boat, however I wouldn’t take him for a week. Not fair to him....or to us. I wouldn’t let the tail wag the dog . He went to a kind kennel we got him used to and would run him every day. We were much happier and enjoyed our time. So did he...we asked him..🙀🙀🙀

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
post #635 of 1159 Old 06-24-2018 Thread Starter

Last day of vacation

We spent last night anchored in Grace Creek off of Lendenham Creek, Broad Creek off the Choptank River. Very quiet, we were the only boa there. No phone signal at all. Nice dinghy ride, weather warm, but with fans and a nice cool shower no problem sleeping.

Dinner was a NY strip with fresh farm tomatoe salad. Watermelon-Peach smoothies for dessert and the last pieces of Kim’s Key Lime Pie.

Over all a tame vacation...sailed 6 of the 10 days. Extra day in port at Deltaville Dozier Regatta Marina and Solomon’s at Spring Cove Marina.
No crazy sailing weather tp put pressure on my back. Thunderstorms late in 5he afternoons almost every day were possible, but hey it’s the Chesapeake.

Great 10 days for my wife and I to be together. Her skills are great and when we sail many days in a row you can see how see gets into a routine. Spent some time with friend twice along the way.

All in all helped my mind as I head into the back surgery on Tuesday.

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

post #636 of 1159 Old 06-24-2018

Good luck with the back surgery, Dave.

Gary
post #637 of 1159 Old 06-24-2018 Thread Starter

Quote:
Good luck with the back surgery, Dave.

Gary
Thanks Gary. I am optimistic
Hard to keep this old sailor down

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

post #638 of 1159 Old 06-24-2018
bell ringer

Quote:
Hunt me down, but just keep in mind that I'm a really old fart and old farts pack heat wherever they go cause we're old. Guess I won't change the post/

See ya when you get up this way, Don - the bar is fully stocked.

Gary
Expecting to b there Monday staying on a mooing at Tidewater. Going to be there a couple of lightsll asi need to work on the generator and dinghy

post #639 of 1159 Old 06-24-2018 Thread Starter

Damn......your spelling is looking as bad as mine. No copycats 😝😝😝😝😝😝😝

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

post #640 of 1159 Old 06-24-2018
bell ringer

It’s the crap my iPad decides to type

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in