Annapolis Boat Show October! - Page 12 - SailNet Community
 83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 151 Old 10-07-2018 Thread Starter

Re: Annapolis Boat Show October!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailjumanji View Post
And I agree that although I attended Miami show earlier this year and contracted for my Seawind cat then, the Annapolis show was much better. Thankfully we committed after the Miami show though, because only two more months the new boat gets offloaded in Miami.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
I went into the Seawinds today , I checked out the 38 what size did you pick up?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 151 Old 10-07-2018 Thread Starter

Quote:
Zeus 3 screen resolution much better and can be read from very tight angles and with polarized sunglasses. Also has built in Wi-Fi and autorouting. Zeus 2 lacked both of these but is a good unit. Had it on previous boat.

I found west marine at the show making deals on b&g equipment, whereby it's usually priced at retail for west and defender. I was shocked. Plus got a $400 rebate coupon, and 4% back in west marine advantage points.

I googled the autorouting and found this https://www.bandg.com/news/nos181/

Another feature I think I remember I read about the zeus3 is that it has the forward scanning feature integrated. The Zeus2 does not also I believe the zeus3 has faster software. I have been trying to find a youtube video comparing the two but I have not been able to find one. In terms of cost it is a huge difference I can pick up a zeus2 from defender for 750.oo thats taxes on the zeus3 lol
post #113 of 151 Old 10-07-2018 Thread Starter

Quote:
It was a great show. Lots of cats. Rebates on B&G electronics I had not seen until show, and only good during show days. Purchased a Zeus 3 and 4G radar ($400 rebate), having West Marine ship. Helly Hanson jackets for wife and I at $100 off each. Communication headsets, Fortress anchor bag, all cheaper than Defender sale. All the reps had their experts there to answer questions, demo electronics, etc. We started Monday with tour of Naval Academy, Tuesday historic homes and capital, Wednesday sailing on a friend's Seawind cat on the Chesapeake. Thur and Fri at the boat show. Flight home in am. Oh, and Annapolis Doubletree had free shuttle to show and back running every half hour, to 11 pm. And ate enough crab cakes, crab and artichoke dip, crab soup, crab sandwiches, and had some decent local brews.

What size zeus3 did you pick up?

post #114 of 151 Old 10-07-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailforlife View Post
I went into the Seawinds today , I checked out the 38 what size did you pick up?

The Seawind 1160 Lite, the 38 ft model. Except I opted for the twin Yamaha 25 HP high thrust outboards. Some other changes to sails (Dimension Polyant GPL Lite Skin - carbon, square top main, roachy jib), electronics (Zeus 3, 4G radar, Vesper AIS, Icon vhf), etc. And only one head, which leaves the starboard bow room as a giant storage locker. No oven, but large Aussie BBQ griddle.

Layup started in July. We were in Vietnam 3 weeks ago checking it out. Supposed to be finished early Nov, then on ship to Miami. Super excited after seeing build process. Really stiff boat. All resin infusion, no wood except for thin veneer on composite panels for interior.

sailforlife likes this.
post #115 of 151 Old 10-07-2018

Quote:
What size zeus3 did you pick up?
12 inch. Boat has a 21 ft beam, and I want to be able to see it from across the saloon!

sailforlife likes this.
post #116 of 151 Old 10-07-2018 Thread Starter

Quote:
The Seawind 1160 Lite, the 38 ft model. Except I opted for the twin Yamaha 25 HP high thrust outboards. Some other changes to sails (Dimension Polyant GPL Lite Skin - carbon, square top main, roachy jib), electronics (Zeus 3, 4G radar, Vesper AIS, Icon vhf), etc. And only one head, which leaves the starboard bow room as a giant storage locker. No oven, but large Aussie BBQ griddle.

Layup started in July. We were in Vietnam 3 weeks ago checking it out. Supposed to be finished early Nov, then on ship to Miami. Super excited after seeing build process. Really stiff boat. All resin infusion, no wood except for thin veneer on composite panels for interior.

Nice, thats the one I was in today, good choice! Hope you get that delivery soon!
post #117 of 151 Old 10-07-2018 Thread Starter

Quote:
12 inch. Boat has a 21 ft beam, and I want to be able to see it from across the saloon!

Cool I was looking at the 9 for my sailboat, I asked about the deal you got and they offered me the rebate. They said the zeus3 9 inch and 4G Radar 3800 or 3900 minus the rebate. I am thinking about it. Might do the zeus2 for 750 and then pick up a radar in the future I need to do some research but the show ends tomorrow so, time is limited.
post #118 of 151 Old 10-07-2018

Quote:
Cool I was looking at the 9 for my sailboat, I asked about the deal you got and they offered me the rebate. They said the zeus3 9 inch and 4G Radar 3800 or 3900 minus the rebate. I am thinking about it. Might do the zeus2 for 750 and then pick up a radar in the future I need to do some research but the show ends tomorrow so, time is limited.
To get the rebate, the sales receipt has to show a date of Oct 4-8, no later. I had the Zeus 2, 9 inch on my Seawind 1000. It was a good unit. 4G radar also, very impressive and low power draw compared to conventional.

sailforlife likes this.
post #119 of 151 Old 10-08-2018

Do they publish attendance? While the show was well attended, I actually felt it was slightly less than past years. My measuring stick was actually getting a seat at the bar at Middleton’s and Pussers for lunch. Places are usually 2-3 deep.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #120 of 151 Old 10-08-2018 Thread Starter

Did anyone pick up the save your marriage headset? 🤣😂

Last edited by sailforlife; 10-08-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in