Annapolis Boat Show October! - Page 4 - SailNet Community
 83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 151 Old 08-22-2018

Re: Annapolis Boat Show October!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps23435 View Post
I've found brokerage cove is hit or miss, one year there were some interesting brokerage boats there, another not much of anything. That said, the free water taxi to/from isn't a bad boat ride and a nice break from walking!
What water taxi are you referring to? Can't find it on the website. Where does it depart from? Parking there? More info please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 151 Old 08-22-2018

All it takes is one baby stoller(though highly discouraged but some think they are 'Entitled') on the floating docks..and that's it and we're out of there for us.. 😞
post #33 of 151 Old 08-22-2018
Top Sekret Ninja Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABRsailing View Post
What water taxi are you referring to? Can't find it on the website. Where does it depart from? Parking there? More info please
The water taxi runs from a dock at the boat show to a dock at the brokerage boats area. You have to be inside the show grounds to use it. The water taxi arrives and departs from the end of dock "F2", - at least in previous years!
sailforlife likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to slap For This Useful Post:
sailforlife (08-22-2018)

post #34 of 151 Old 08-22-2018
Top Sekret Ninja Sailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa3jy View Post
All it takes is one baby stoller(though highly discouraged but some think they are 'Entitled') on the floating docks..and that's it and we're out of there for us.. 😞
We've never had any problems with strollers on the floating docks. Heck - groups of people standing around trying to decide what boat to go on next are more of an obstruction (and usually not a problem since the floating docks are quite wide).
Rhapsody-NS27 likes this.
post #35 of 151 Old 08-22-2018

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoSailor View Post
I think this is only the 4th year, or so of brokerage cove and I remember the 1st couple of years they had some cool boats at mortal price points, but the past couple of years they were almost all the kind of boats where they run a credit check before allowing you to make a reservation for a showing.
The spring show which is much smaller overall had more used and affordable boats than the brokers row in the fall.

No matter where you go, ....
B&B Spindrift 11N
Past Adventures:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #36 of 151 Old 08-22-2018

I went to brokerage row last year. Most everything there was unappealing at any price point. I like looking at boats, so wasnít offended by it, but have to think itís not a very successful area for sales. Could be wrong.

Ironically, I boarded a Hylas 70 (ArchAngel)in brokerage cove, that I had originally been aboard approx 6-7 years earlier, when she was on display as a brand new yacht at the Hylas display in the main show. Big difference. Of course, she had also been dismantled since, after ramming a ledge in Maine at hull speed. Oops.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #37 of 151 Old 08-22-2018

Plan on a big budget.
We went last year. Never again.
Several designs have features. That go against small vessel engineering. Low hung big windows are aleady proving to be a problem for insuarance companies. They build for luxury not cruising.
post #38 of 151 Old 08-22-2018
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand View Post
Plan on a big budget.
We went last year. Never again.
Several designs have features. That go against small vessel engineering. Low hung big windows are aleady proving to be a problem for insuarance companies. They build for luxury not cruising.
I had not heard that insurance companies were running into issues with large portlights in the hull. These have been a feature in power boats since the 1980's, multihulls for the past 20 or more years, and have shown up on a lot of the newer monohull boats, but especially on some of the more highly respected European cruising designs. When this was discussed a few years ago someone pointed out that there is a specific engineering section of the CE Standards that deal with portlights in the hull.

Where did you see/hear that portlights in the hull are "aleady proving to be a problem for insurance companies."

Jeff

Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay
post #39 of 151 Old 08-22-2018

Please read my last post carefully.
I said windows, not portlights or ports.
I did not say what years or models.
post #40 of 151 Old 08-22-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand View Post
Please read my last post carefully.
I said windows, not portlights or ports.
I did not say what years or models.
OK, put aside your semantic nit-picking and provide some facts to back up your original statement. Exactly what “problems” are insurance companies having with windows, and what type, year, or models?

Rick S., Swarthmore, PA
USCG Certified Captain, OUPV and 50 Ton Master
ASA Certified 101/103/104/105/106

2001 Catalina 34MkII Tall Rig Wing Keel Breakin' Away, Universal Diesel M35B, Mantus 35 lb. anchor, sailing out of Rock Hall Landing Marina

Last edited by TakeFive; 08-22-2018 at 05:00 PM.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in