Annapolis Boat Show October! - Page 5 - SailNet Community
 83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 151 Old 08-22-2018

Re: Annapolis Boat Show October!

I knew I should not JOIN . Too many low lifes looking to proove somthing to thier mommies.
If I ever put a WINDOW instead of a PORTLIGHT in a boat I was building😨YIKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 151 Old 08-22-2018

You made a bold statement that’s worthy of more discussion. But it should be based on facts. Please clarify. Otherwise skepticism is appropriate.

Rick S., Swarthmore, PA
USCG Certified Captain, OUPV and 50 Ton Master
ASA Certified 101/103/104/105/106

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Catalina 34MkII Tall Rig Wing Keel Breakin' Away, Universal Diesel M35B, Mantus 35 lb. anchor, sailing out of Rock Hall Landing Marina

Last edited by TakeFive; 08-22-2018 at 05:35 PM.
post #43 of 151 Old 08-22-2018

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand View Post
I knew I should not JOIN . Too many low lifes looking to proove somthing to thier mommies.
If I ever put a WINDOW instead of a PORTLIGHT in a boat I was building😨YIKS
REAlly has nothing to do with you just joining. You made the statement, unless it was hyperbole or you were making a personal preference point providing a little backup should be no problem

We like an encourage new posters. When you have personal preferences just note that, we all have them.
When you post otherwise you should expect someone to ask where you saw the facts to come to that conclusion.

Thanks for posting and welcome

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

post #44 of 151 Old 08-22-2018

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

I think T37 has said it before but we also have found the best deals and bargains occur on the last day of the show as the mai tainence tents areas may not want to pack up and take home

We look at the show as a place to see on person new products or to compare products in one place in person. We looked at dinghies one year even though we weren’t in the market. It led to us buying a specific one this year when we needed it.

We developed a relationship with Mark at Garhauer from the show which made calling him at a later date about a product easier as I liked their robust nature on radar poles and davits

No one going really expects to buy a boat there. Except maybe a first timer with a wad to blow. Boat show prices are just a cone on term just like the weekly car commercials are. We have found the ability to negotiate prices especially with higher ticket items not at the show in general

Sometimes good deals on foul weather gear, t shirts etc. if you go on Saturday and Sunday expect crowds . Like Clay I am not fond of them. Generally we won’t waste a perfectly good sailing weekend just to visit the show. However we keep our boat close by in Whitehall Creek so anchoring in one of the closeby creeks ( not Spa) is an option if we choose to spend a 1/2,day to meet people on a weekend .

In general I have found wherever you park if if you are using the shuttle buses it’s easy and well organized. No matter where catching them from.

The after show party with the vendors is the best. Done years Sailnetters have had one and we usually participate. I’ve met some people on here at the show ( you know who you ate&#128512
sailforlife likes this.

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chef2sail For This Useful Post:
Pendragon35 (10-26-2018), sailforlife (08-22-2018)
post #45 of 151 Old 08-22-2018

With luck, I hope to be well on my way to the Florida Keys and Dry Tortugas by the time the boat show takes place.

Have fun guys and gals,

Gary
post #46 of 151 Old 08-22-2018 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by travlin-easy View Post
With luck, I hope to be well on my way to the Florida Keys and Dry Tortugas by the time the boat show takes place.

Have fun guys and gals,

Gary
Safe travels, enjoy the ride and best of luck.

post #47 of 151 Old 08-22-2018 Thread Starter

So in what location and day is this SAILNET after party taking place??
post #48 of 151 Old 08-22-2018 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
I think T37 has said it before but we also have found the best deals and bargains occur on the last day of the show as the mai tainence tents areas may not want to pack up and take home

We look at the show as a place to see on person new products or to compare products in one place in person. We looked at dinghies one year even though we weren’t in the market. It led to us buying a specific one this year when we needed it.

We developed a relationship with Mark at Garhauer from the show which made calling him at a later date about a product easier as I liked their robust nature on radar poles and davits

No one going really expects to buy a boat there. Except maybe a first timer with a wad to blow. Boat show prices are just a cone on term just like the weekly car commercials are. We have found the ability to negotiate prices especially with higher ticket items not at the show in general

Sometimes good deals on foul weather gear, t shirts etc. if you go on Saturday and Sunday expect crowds . Like Clay I am not fond of them. Generally we won’t waste a perfectly good sailing weekend just to visit the show. However we keep our boat close by in Whitehall Creek so anchoring in one of the closeby creeks ( not Spa) is an option if we choose to spend a 1/2,day to meet people on a weekend .

In general I have found wherever you park if if you are using the shuttle buses it’s easy and well organized. No matter where catching them from.

The after show party with the vendors is the best. Done years Sailnetters have had one and we usually participate. I’ve met some people on here at the show ( you know who you ate&#128512
Not a fan of crowds myself , what is the extent of it? Are we talking Walt Disney lines?
post #49 of 151 Old 08-22-2018 Thread Starter

Anyone know if they do free shipping on what you purchase at the show?
post #50 of 151 Old 08-23-2018
Trailer Sailer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailforlife View Post
Anyone know if they do free shipping on what you purchase at the show?
Some vendors will. Others will just hold your bag until the end so you can pick it up on the way out. Just ask and they'll let you know.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in