Annapolis Boat Show October! - Page 7 - SailNet Community
 83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 151 Old 08-24-2018 Thread Starter

Re: Annapolis Boat Show October!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Yes...I have comp tickets to the first day, and I usually go the last day. We are leaving on a week cruise of the Chessie the day after the show, so we’ll probably anchor in Back Creek and dinghy over.
Cool we will be really close hope to see you all out there!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 151 Old 08-24-2018
Trailer Sailer Moderator

Is the first day Thursday?

We're going to be there Fri-Sun. Hopefully we can do some research on the few last things our boat needs to really be more comfortable.
sailforlife likes this.

~ Rezz

S/v DreamWeaver
1980 Laguna Windrose 22
post #63 of 151 Old 08-24-2018

Thursday is VIP day. You too can be a VIP if you're willing to pay the higher admission charge.
Donna_F likes this.

Rick S., Swarthmore, PA
USCG Certified Captain, OUPV and 50 Ton Master
ASA Certified 101/103/104/105/106

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 Catalina 34MkII Tall Rig Wing Keel Breakin' Away, Universal Diesel M35B, Mantus 35 lb. anchor, sailing out of Rock Hall Landing Marina

post #64 of 151 Old 08-24-2018
The most female moderator

Dock

I was at the show on a Thursday once. I received free admission for sitting in the Catalina owners booth for three hours. I thought it was worth the admission price (if I’d had to pay it) to not have to deal with the crowds.
JimMcGee and sailforlife like this.

Donna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Catalina 30 TRBS
Rock Hall, MD
KB3ZCB

If you're helping someone and expecting something in return, you're doing business not kindness.
post #65 of 151 Old 08-24-2018 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezz View Post
Is the first day Thursday?

We're going to be there Fri-Sun. Hopefully we can do some research on the few last things our boat needs to really be more comfortable.
I will be there Friday to Monday , probably going every day or every day but Saturday.

post #66 of 151 Old 08-24-2018

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Thursday is VIP day. You too can be a VIP if you're willing to pay the higher admission charge.
Or if you help in one of the booths. Amazingly not crowded.
I will be their Thursday and possibly Monday

(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
post #67 of 151 Old 08-25-2018 Thread Starter

post #68 of 151 Old 08-25-2018
The most female moderator

Dock

Inevitably when I attend a storm moves through. Funny how few people pay attention to building clouds, lowered pressure (I have an asthma attack if it lowers too quickly), and winds getting stronger when they’re on land and get caught so hundreds of people then make a mad dash into Pussers - where we sit with drinks in hand.

Donna

Catalina 30 TRBS
Rock Hall, MD
KB3ZCB

If you're helping someone and expecting something in return, you're doing business not kindness.
post #69 of 151 Old 08-26-2018
Trailer Sailer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna_F View Post
Inevitably when I attend a storm moves through. Funny how few people pay attention to building clouds, lowered pressure (I have an asthma attack if it lowers too quickly), and winds getting stronger when they’re on land and get caught so hundreds of people then make a mad dash into Pussers - where we sit with drinks in hand.
Honestly, rainy boat shows are my favorite. The crowds are half the normal size or less, and the teak decks are prettier when wet. Plus, you can get a good feel for how slippery the nonskid is. I always wear flip flops so I don't have to take shoes and socks off.

Oh, and if you have new foul weather gear, it's a great time to test it out
Donna_F likes this.

~ Rezz

S/v DreamWeaver
1980 Laguna Windrose 22
post #70 of 151 Old 08-26-2018

I’ve told this true story before. I was buying tickets to the Annapolis show at the booth and it was drizzling already. Threatening to storm. I ask the ticket booth guy, “how does the rain affect attendance?”

He says “It depends, if it’s the powerboat week, attendance drops, if it’s sailboat week, attendance goes up!”
JimMcGee and sailforlife like this.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in