83Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 151 Old 08-26-2018
The most female moderator

Dock
Re: Annapolis Boat Show October!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezz View Post
Honestly, rainy boat shows are my favorite. The crowds are half the normal size or less, and the teak decks are prettier when wet. Plus, you can get a good feel for how slippery the nonskid is. I always wear flip flops so I don't have to take shoes and socks off.

Oh, and if you have new foul weather gear, it's a great time to test it out
I hear you. I'm not talking about a steady rain. I mean when a cold front is coming our way during an otherwise sunny-ish day.
sailforlife likes this.

Donna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRBS
Rock Hall, MD
KB3ZCB

If you're helping someone and expecting something in return, you're doing business not kindness.

Last edited by Donna_F; 08-26-2018 at 09:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 151 Old 08-26-2018
Trailer Sailer Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna_F View Post
I hear you. I'm not talking about a steady rain. I mean when a cold front is coming our way during an otherwise sunny-ish day.
Now granted, last rainy boat show I went to, it was pouring all day. The vendors were miserable. The belowdecks were getting wet from the hatches being open most of the day. I almost broke my toe slipping on nonskid. But I brought a good jacket, and didn't mind walking through the ankle-deep puddles because my feet were already wet. It was a good time!
Donna_F likes this.

~ Rezz

S/v DreamWeaver
1980 Laguna Windrose 22
post #73 of 151 Old 09-09-2018 Thread Starter

I broke my foot like a week ago, doctor says if I am lucky 3 weeks. Can I wheelchair around the show if the foot does not heal.

post #74 of 151 Old 09-10-2018

Sorry to hear that. I guess using a wheelchair would be an individual perspective. I assume they are permitted on the docks. However, the docks can get crowded to walk on. For me, it would be hard to imagine navigating a wheel chair, especially if I was new to one. Further, if you're resigned to the chair, you presumably can't get aboard the boats, which would severely limit the value of going to see the boats, IMO.

The vendors tents can also be crowded, but probably easier to deal with and to get up relatively close. I'm not sure I would go, just for those, but that's a personal call.

Finally, the surrounding town, it's restaurants, etc, should be relatively accessible to a wheel chair.

Again, it depends on the individual perspective. If it were me, I would just write it off to bad luck and go next year. Be thankful your need for a wheelchair is temporary.
sailforlife likes this.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #75 of 151 Old 09-11-2018 Thread Starter

I have an appointment in 2 weeks hopping for good news!
post #76 of 151 Old 09-14-2018 Thread Starter

Foot is feeling good! or the adrenaline and the fact that I want to go to the show so bad is kicking in either way looking forward to it! Ill be there Friday,Sat,Sunday... and maybe Monday...
post #77 of 151 Old 09-16-2018 Thread Starter

So who all in sailnet is heading to the show? It would be cool for a group to go have dinner and meet up somewhere...
post #78 of 151 Old 09-17-2018

Dock

I'll be there on Friday from late morning to about 6pm.
sailforlife likes this.

No matter where you go, ....
B&B Spindrift 11N
Past Adventures:
post #79 of 151 Old 09-17-2018

if all goes well, we will be moving aboard our new (to us) boat in Annapolis a few days before the boat show starts. We expect to spend a lot of money at the boat show ... would enjoy spending a few more dollars on beers with Sailnet members if someone organizes a shindig.
sailforlife likes this.
post #80 of 151 Old 09-17-2018 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribbeachbum View Post
if all goes well, we will be moving aboard our new (to us) boat in Annapolis a few days before the boat show starts. We expect to spend a lot of money at the boat show ... would enjoy spending a few more dollars on beers with Sailnet members if someone organizes a shindig.
Thats my plan lol Been saving for a few months!!! Its going to be an expensive trip will prob need some Painkilles at Pussers to ease the pain.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in