SailNet Community

SailNet Community (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Chesapeake Bay (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/)
-   -   Annapolis Boat Show October! (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/chesapeake-bay/325188-annapolis-boat-show-october.html)

sailforlife 08-17-2018 10:34 PM

Annapolis Boat Show October!

So I am going to the Annapolis boat show for the first time this year! Who else in sailnet is heading that way? For those that have been before any advice would be greatly appreciated!

:2 boat::captain::ship-captain::svoilier:

Rocky Mountain Breeze 08-17-2018 11:20 PM

Re: Annapolis Boat Show October!

Personal Attack and Politicization of a on-topic post removed per forum rules- Jeff_H SailNet Moderator

sailforlife 08-17-2018 11:25 PM

Politicization of a on-topic post removed per forum rules- Jeff_H SailNet Moderator

:2 boat::2 boat:

Rocky Mountain Breeze 08-19-2018 10:25 PM

Personal Attack and Politicization of a on-topic post removed per forum rules- Jeff_H SailNet Moderator

TakeFive 08-19-2018 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailforlife (Post 2051546646)
So I am going to the Annapolis boat show for the first time this year! Who else in sailnet is heading that way? For those that have been before any advice would be greatly appreciated!

:2 boat::captain::ship-captain::svoilier:

My nephew is getting married in the Shenandoah region of Virginia that weekend, so things are not looking good for my attendance. I might take Monday off and head down for it.

Scandium 08-20-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tschmidty (Post 2051547096)
Do you ever post useful things related to sailing? Or is it always political?

I've never seen a thread devolve into the poop-slinging stage so quickly! I too plan on going to the annapolis show for the first time this year and hoped for some tips, but left here disappointed.

TakeFive 08-20-2018 10:05 AM

FWIW, I reported the offending posts to the mods and asked them to delete posts 2, 3, and 4. Maybe the people who made these posts and delete them for us so the mods don't have to waste their time wiping up after they leave a mess.

tschmidty 08-20-2018 10:23 AM

I went ahead and deleted my comment which while I don't think it was directly obnoxious, wasn't particularly helpful either (see post #6).

But I too would like to go to the show in Annapolis. I attended the one on San Francisco a number of years ago which was a smaller show. For some specific questions:

How is traffic getting to the show if you aren't staying right next door? Is there transient marina space available? If not where would be good, cheap marinas nearby to stay? I imagine parking is available but probably not cheap

Scandium 08-20-2018 10:30 AM

Are there any opportunities for being taken out for a sail/"test sail" at all during the show? I'm bringing my dad, an avid power boater, and would be fun to get him out for a spin on a nice sail boat. But I don't know if that's reserved for the people who seem ready to cough up 1/4 mill for a boat on the spot.. (they can tell I wont)

TakeFive 08-20-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scandium (Post 2051547136)
Are there any opportunities for being taken out for a sail/"test sail" at all during the show? I'm bringing my dad, an avid power boater, and would be fun to get him out for a spin on a nice sail boat. But I don't know if that's reserved for the people who seem ready to cough up 1/4 mill for a boat on the spot..

Anyone can go out on a boat, but it’s not free. Go to the website and look up “First Sail Workshop” and “Take the Wheel”. These are popular and do fill up ahead of time, so register early.

You’re not likely to get a free ride on any boat. It’s a commercial show.

https://www.annapolisboatshows.com/u...sailboat-show/