SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Crew needed: Boston Frostbiting

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Felicia Marie 
#1 ·
I crew on a J24 out of the Boston Sailing Center for their frostbiting season. I have seen a couple of inquiries here lately for frostbiting info. If someone wants to give it a crack I need a replacement to crew for me on Saturday Jan 21. We have been one man short all season so could lead to a regular position. Respond here or pm me and I will give you the details.

Jeff

#3 ·
You know I was thinking about it. Been jonesing for a sail, doing a refit haven't gone to the caribbean in the last couple of years. But then I looked at the temp the day you posted "16º". Thats Fahrenheit for you out of towners thinking "that aint no big thing".
Honestly if I can't do it in a pair of cut offs it aint gonna happen.

#4 · (Edited)
When I first saw this thread I thought;

Then I figured

... so I left the thread alone...

#5 ·
Hello Jeff,
I have tried to join one of the J24 frostbitter fleets this season; first, we attempted to charter one J24 at the BSC, though they were all gone, so after that I left my contact info to someone from the BSC, in case a skipper need additional crew. I'd really love to try those J24 at the Boston harbor. I'll send you a PM.
Because that didn't work I have joined a group of laser frostbitters in Bristol, RI. But I cannot make it every Saturday... Still, it a lot of fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.