Cruising - SailNet Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeff_H

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-25-2019 Thread Starter

Cruising

Okay here's my post I have a sailboat in England I want to sale it to Southeast Asia but I need a crew to help me do this can I find people that will come with me on the boat and pay their own way or put money in for food and for the boat and help with the sailing is this a common thing please contact me back thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-25-2019

Dock
Re: Cruising

Just applicants to reply please.

If you have a problem contact the Mods

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know
post #3 of 6 Old 06-14-2019

For most people, figuring out whether or not they'd want to be an applicant would require asking a bunch of questions first. By jumping in and seeming to shut that down, looks like you may have insured that the op wouldn't get any responses. Particularly odd considering that it sounded like the OP was more asking for opinions about the reasonableness of what he was wanting out of a crew than he was actually soliciting for crew.

post #4 of 6 Old 06-14-2019

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound View Post
For most people, figuring out whether or not they'd want to be an applicant would require asking a bunch of questions first. By jumping in and seeming to shut that down, looks like you may have insured that the op wouldn't get any responses. Particularly odd considering that it sounded like the OP was more asking for opinions about the reasonableness of what he was wanting out of a crew than he was actually soliciting for crew.

Whilst I agree with you, the simple fact is he would have had to answer questions from people with no intention of being crew. Much of that is just vexatious.

So crewing ads and personal relationship wanted ads are now a third part free zone.

Mark

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know
post #5 of 6 Old 06-15-2019
Rainwatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
So crewing ads and personal relationship wanted ads are now a third part free zone.
What is a "third part free zone"?

"When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Black Lives Matter. All confederate symbols and monuments need to go.

Proud to live in a sanctuary city.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-15-2019
Administrator

I think Mark is a victim of his autocorrect. I believe that he means that this is a "third party free" zone. By that he and we, moderators are saying that we request that members not post comments if you are not a potential candidate for the position.
MarkofSeaLife likes this.

Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff_H For This Useful Post:
Jammer Six (06-16-2019)

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in