SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Crew(s) Needed for the Carribean

9K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  mikeyfreespirit74 
#1 ·
I am currently gunkholing in the Bahamas and will be staying in the Carribean until February. I am looking for People interested in Crewing in the Carribean between now and March 2004 Before I head out to the Med.

On a personal note I am 33 and have just finished sailing the boat from Long Island Sound, NY to the Bahamas.

Drop me a note if interested.

#2 ·
Isabel / Juan (44/46), we are a couple of doctors , general practice ; also
sailors . We have two Atlantic crossing , a season in Caribean waters
and Venezuela with a Moody 34 that we owned some years ago . Many miles
in Mediterraneo , Canary Island and Portugal . We''ve always had our own
boat, first a 28f, second the Moody and a month ago we sold the last
one, an Elan 43. Now we are searching for an owner with nice boat +50 feet to
sail somewhere around the world .

E Mail : JRUIZDECASTRO@TERRA.ES

#3 ·
Isabel / Juan (44/46), we are a couple of doctors , general practice ; also
sailors . We have two Atlantic crossing , a season in Caribean waters
and Venezuela with a Moody 34 that we owned some years ago . Many miles
in Mediterraneo , Canary Island and Portugal . We''ve always had our own
boat, first a 28f, second the Moody and a month ago we sold the last
one, an Elan 43. Now we are searching for an owner with nice boat +50 feet to
sail somewhere around the world .

E Mail : JRUIZDECASTRO@TERRA.ES

#8 ·
Hi there, my hubby and will be doing the ARC in November and will be in the Carribean from December onwards. We have something lined up for April 2004 and have a couple of months to spare. We''re 34/31, strong, fit, happy and healthy. If we fit the bill, e-mail us at ostara187@hotmail.com. Happy sailing, Jeanne.

#11 ·
Lynmore,

With the exception of six weeks Oct/Nov, I will be in the carribean through mid may. I own the 37ft sailboat that I cruise on and most crew who accompany me share on daily expenses. The burden of major repairs or haul outs are on me. In May I will be heading north to Bermuda and then the med.

If you are still interested in crewing, drop me a line and we can exchange mroe information and plan a future meeting place. I am currently in the Berry Islands in the Bahamas.

BlueWorldSail
johnsail@att.net

#14 ·
Howdy,

I''ll be in Southhampton Bermuda from Dec, 23 through Dec, 28. Not much time but would love to do some sailing while there. Have lots of offshore experience and love sailing. I have a personal page under Snods 57 if you''dike to check it out. I can be reached at snods747@aol.com if you ''re interested in discussing the matter further.

#15 ·
We are a young, hardworking couple from Sweden who are looking for adventures on the sea!
We have no experience, but do not stop reading; we work HARD and are real easy to learn, because we have the ambitions to do ANYTHING!!

I am 22 years old, my fiancé is 20 and we are both from Sweden.
After my media studies at a Swedish gymnasium for three years I have worked at a restaurant (on a big boat), a radio-station, at a big warehouse, but mostly I have worked with schoolchildren in all kind of ages. Right now I’ am working as an Art- and music teacher at a new founded school in my hometown, Norrtälje. I play the guitar, drums and I sing my own and others songs!

My fiancée, Caroline Wiman, is an educated hairstylist and hairologist with an exam from one of the Scandinavians best hairdressing schools, Ålands yrkesgymnasium. She has practised with several celebrity hairstylists in Sweden and with very good recommendations.
She also has worked at a 5* hotel on Åland, Been a supervisor at a fashion-store, Veromoda, in our hometown, also she has worked with disabled elderly people and now she works for a girl with the diagnosis Cerebral Pares. Caroline cooks the best meals I have ever eaten!

So everyone on the boat gets free haircuts and guitar lessons (and much more music and other entertainment!)

We are a happy, superb-with-people, funny, loyal and really hardworking couple who just would love to work and live on the sea! We really hope you can find something, anything, suitable for us; we can both assure you that you won’t regret it!

We are avalible from nov (dec) 2003!

Many, many thanks from Michael Burlin and Caroline Wiman.

#17 ·
Burlin,

Your bio and you wife''s sound like you two will make a very good crew. I will be in the Carribean in December through 2004 winter season. If it is adventure you two are seeking, my vessel should be able to provide you with that since I have a semiopen schedule seeking my own adventure. I will be in the carribean until May when I intend to sail to the Med.

Drop me a line with direct email so that we could correspond more and make arrangements.

Until then
BlueWorldSail
Email: johnsail@att.net

#18 ·
Hello BlueWorldSail
I am interested in your transatlantic venture.
I have loads of offshore miles 2 transatlantics and two other major offshore trips. and am looking to get out of london and visit the open ocean again.
I am 28 male and have been sailing for 15 years now.
i have am totally at home on a boat.
I can mail you a copy of my cv if you are interested.
If not the trans atlantic maybe meet up in the med.
Be in touch if you want any further info. obviously there ar the usuall questions from myself.
regards
Gavin Muller

#22 ·
Just came home from working on st. john for a few months and I am already making plans to go back. Got some sailing in while down there but could use a lot more. I am flying back down on the 28th of dec. and will be there till june...right now trying to decide between a land or sea job..would prefer working on a boat...but let me know if your still looking...i''d love to crew. thanks. birdie

#23 ·
wish I could have jumped on from LI as I am in Jersey.I will most likely see some time in the Caribbean this winter and would love to join up if schedules jibe. do you need crew for the trip down? How about the med crossing? I am somewhat flexible. I am also 33 and have a fair amount of experience. If you''d like to communicate furthe e-mail me at kamikazegrin@hotmail.com
thanks
justin

#24 ·
Hello Blue Wordl Sail,
My boyfriend(28) and I(30) just came here in Spain, because we knew it was the right timing to find a Yacht or Sailboat in need of a good crew. We both have experience on the sea and are quite interesting in your add.
Whenever you cross to the Mediterranean, we´d love to hop aboard!!! Leaving you our e-mail for you to contact us...and by the way, if in 2 weeks from now we haven´t find anything here...we are ready to come and meet you in the Caribbean since our only goal at the moment is to cruise....

Don´t hesitate to reply if you want to know more about us.
Sincerely,
Véronique and Dominic

#26 ·
Hi I am looking for a boat to crew on from January until March. I would be very interested in sailing with you. I am 19 but dependable, hardworking and honest. I was on a passenger schooner on the east coast this fall and in the next couple of days will help bring a 75'''' ketch from Baltimore to Miami. Anyways if you are interested let me know. thanks
Sincerely Rusty Whatley

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.