Island Packet Closing Doors? - Page 19 - SailNet Community
 308Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 495 Old 03-23-2016

Question Re: Island Packet Closing Doors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svHyLyte View Post
Last Saturday evening (much) better half and I had supper with another couple who's company is/was a major supplier to Island Packet. I mentioned the rumor's concerning IP's demise that have been discussed/debated herein. Unfortunately, the husband confirmed their expectation that IP is/was done and that they would be "...out of luck.." as to their accounts payable although they had not yet been written off. Personally, while IP yachts are not my cupp'a tea, I believe the boats were very well built and of high quality and I think it a shame that the company will be lost, and particularly so loss for the skilled workers and craftsmen/women that built the boats. I suppose the same can be said for many of the other yacht builders as well and it is a sad state of affairs...

FWIW...
Some portions of your post seem to have been infected by a rant virus.
And that's sad. Not like your usual helpful commentary, so it must be mal-ware - has the admin been notified?

Loren
eherlihy and seaner97 like this.

Last edited by Jeff_H; 03-23-2016 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Political Comments removed from quote- Jeff_H SailNet Moderator
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 495 Old 03-23-2016

Re: Island Packet Closing Doors?

So IP's problems only started 8 years ago and are solely due to the perceived political leanings of the particular executive branch administration during this time, but not the legislative nor judicial?

Sounds about right to me. It's also the reason Catalina and Beneteau are doing so poorly in the US. Oh, wait....

Mark

Dolphin 460 Catamaran "Reach"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Current boat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Previous boat
post #183 of 495 Old 03-23-2016
Boat Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by olson34 View Post
Some portions of your post seem to have been infected by a rant virus.
And that's sad. Not like your usual helpful commentary, so it must be mal-ware - has the admin been notified?

Loren
Uh oh. Looks like your post must have been infected by the snark virus.

"It doesn't matter if you sail across the marina, across a bay, down the ICW or across an ocean. Distance doesn't matter. It only matters that you are out on the water enjoying yourself and learning every day."

post #184 of 495 Old 03-23-2016
Administrator

C'mom folks...Let's keep it on topic (or take it to O.T. Politics, Religion, War and Government)

Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff_H For This Useful Post:
eherlihy (03-23-2016)
post #185 of 495 Old 03-23-2016
Mermaid Hunter

My last email was not responded to, and attempts to reach the people I know at IP are not being picked up.

sail fast and eat well, dave S/V Auspicious

beware "cut and paste" sailors

post #186 of 495 Old 03-23-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Ask Ausp. He's got sources.

Your schadenfreude at the demise of a well-respected company, likely taking with it down the lifelihoods of many skilled craftsmen and -women is inappropriate.
post #187 of 495 Old 03-23-2016
Mermaid Hunter

Here is the latest that I have. My best source called me this afternoon (US ET). He was in a meeting this morning.

I think I have figured out a few things covered by the NDA that management is under. I'm not telling anyone since I don't want to feed rumors that might mess things up. I ran some things past my friend and he said all are true and he was allowed to say they are true.

Good news is coming.

The lawyers are running up their billable hours.

Construction continues on boats that have been ordered (IP, Blue Jacket, and Seaward) and for inventory.

Employees continue working.

Invoices for parts and supplies are being paid on time.

The press release was written and submitted for approval. One word was changed. Release has not yet been authorized.

Bob Johnson doesn't like lawyers very much.

We did not talk about why the phones have been down so long. I forgot to ask. If it were me and what I know and what I think I know are all true I would probably unplug the phones also (<- warped sense of humor).

In my opinion, the best thing for the parties to do is herd the lawyers into a room and not let them out (no food, no water, no bathrooms) until all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

I may be naive and easily led astray. That is a possibility. SailNetters can come to their own conclusions based on my track record here. I believe that IPY is on a responsible course of action that at the end of the day is in the interests of the company and of its customers, past present and future.
RichH, eherlihy, capecodda and 3 others like this.

post #188 of 495 Old 03-23-2016

I think lawyers can live off sucking blood for a long time. Also don't think they need restrooms because they always seem full of sh** to me.

So locking them up could still be ages before hearing anything...

Mark
uncle stinky bob likes this.

Dolphin 460 Catamaran "Reach"

- Current boat

- Previous boat
post #189 of 495 Old 03-23-2016
Mermaid Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj View Post
So locking them up could still be ages before hearing anything...
Okay - no food, no water, no alcohol, no bathrooms, no Internet, no email, no TV, no cell phones, ....

post #190 of 495 Old 03-23-2016
Beyond The Pale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVAuspicious View Post
In my opinion, the best thing for the parties to do is herd the lawyers into a room and not let them out (no food, no water, no bathrooms) until all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed...
This Tradition actually has a long history; it started with the choosing of Popes...

Black smoke from a chimney means no decision has been made yet again, and White smoke means the Meeting has ended successfully.
Greasy Blue smoke means that there is one less Lawyer. Yes, they really do eat their own.

ČErindipity
RichH, seaner97 and oysterman23 like this.

Tags
island packet

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in