Island Packet Closing Doors? - Page 29 - SailNet Community
 308Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #281 of 495 Old 03-31-2016

Re: Island Packet Closing Doors?

It appears you are wrong about one thing...checking fellow 'nutters' ignore lists. Does not seem to be possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #282 of 495 Old 03-31-2016
Mermaid Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xort View Post
It appears you are wrong about one thing...checking fellow 'nutters' ignore lists. Does not seem to be possible.
You are correct. I was being rhetorical. I would post mine but I'm not sure what value there would be and I'd only have to report myself again.

sail fast and eat well, dave S/V Auspicious

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

beware "cut and paste" sailors

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #283 of 495 Old 03-31-2016
Less Senior Senior Member

While I can't see your ignore list, I'd be willing to bet the patron saint of the ignore list is on it. FWIW, I've followed this with interest due to curiosity and a couple acquaintances that have IPs, and haven't doubted the veracity of the "they are working through it" stuff. I'm betting they're too busy w lawyers to worry about a few people not likely to buy their boats anyway kvetching about this on Sailnet.

post #284 of 495 Old 03-31-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVAuspicious View Post
I just got a text that confirms what I inferred. Apparently the real scenario is leaking (not from me and not from my source) and the PR should be released shortly. I'm on distribution and when I get it I'll post it here. NFI.
Very Cool, if that means what I hope it means? right? I hope they pullout of this and get back on track. Keeping folks working and putting bread on the table. Thanks for sharing your info SVA!
post #285 of 495 Old 03-31-2016
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaner97 View Post
While I can't see your ignore list, I'd be willing to bet the patron saint of the ignore list is on it.
Oh please, no one ignores me. Not really. Sure, a couple of blowhards actually hit the button to pretend they're holier than thou, but then they just wait with bated breath in hopes that someone will quote me so they can read my incredible insight. I'm just that good.

Ignore is for pansies.

Hey, Ignore Pansy. IP.

See? I just continue to amaze.
post #286 of 495 Old 04-01-2016

It's Official! a certain secret source has come forward and announced that IPY has been sold too...and let the drums roll:

http://www.sinoeaglegroup.com/manufa...t-manufacturer
post #287 of 495 Old 04-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa3jy View Post
It's Official! a certain secret source has come forward and announced that IPY has been sold too...and let the drums roll:

Yacht Manufacturing | Sino Eagle Group
Oh man. Those motor-cats on the homepage have got to be the dorkiest looking boats I've ever seen.
post #288 of 495 Old 04-01-2016
Mermaid Hunter

Quote:

Doesn't work. Big database query errors and nothing relevant. What did you see there before the website broke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaner97 View Post
While I can't see your ignore list, I'd be willing to bet the patron saint of the ignore list is on it. FWIW, I've followed this with interest due to curiosity and a couple acquaintances that have IPs, and haven't doubted the veracity of the "they are working through it" stuff. I'm betting they're too busy w lawyers to worry about a few people not likely to buy their boats anyway kvetching about this on Sailnet.
I would say that any manufacturer cares what people say about their brand. Their real customers run searches on Google and the responses show up. Unfortunately that means having to deal with explaining the forum ecosystem and that some posts are from people who don't know what they are talking about. That can be inconvenient.

That isn't to say that everything needs to be daffodils and butterflies. Well-grounded discussions between credible contributors who differ on substance is good and helps everyone.

Regarding the ignore list it would be interesting to be able to see at least the ignore count for any member. Who ignores me? Beats me. I can see who quotes me (unfortunately including people on my ignore list) but not who ignores me. Of greater value would be to see what users are ignored most often. It would be like academic peer review, a sort of "cut and paste sailor" vote count.

I don't think my ignore list is very big. Of nine, six have been permanently banned or drifted off on their own. The ignore list is a service of SN (and other fora) to help keep things civil.

Some SNers have questions. Some have answers. Some have some of both. Those are characteristics of a healthy community. Posters who make things up, cut and paste from sources they don't understand and apply out of context, and make disagreements personal are a virus. Posters who look at their post and ask themselves "how will this help" make the community better. Those who gleefully think "this will be fun!" and punch Submit are part of the problem.
seaner97 likes this.

sail fast and eat well, dave S/V Auspicious

beware "cut and paste" sailors

post #289 of 495 Old 04-01-2016

I don't have anyone here on ignore. Wish I could say the say about C&S forum. 3 and counting over there. LOL as far as I.P.? the proof is in the pudding, no press release, phone's still not being answered, dealerships left in the dark. Those are facts! anything beyond that is pure conjecture and valueless.
post #290 of 495 Old 04-01-2016

Quote:

A few years back it was the Malaysians buying out our bankrupted companies, now it's the Chinese. I'm glad to see IPY's will still be around, but now that they will probably be made in China, the brand will lose some of it's appeal.

Jordan
West Wight Potter 14 "Lemon Drop"
Oceanside CA

Tags
island packet

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in