Dry Storage/Launch on Request Marina - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-13-2018 Thread Starter

Dry Storage/Launch on Request Marina

Hello:

I am interested in finding a marina on the Southern part of Florida, East or West coast where I could store my sailboat on the hard and have it launched when I fly down for weeks long sails during winter months. She is only 22 feet long with bilge keels and a skeg so she sits upright and doesn't need stands. I will probably tow her down on my own trailer so she would be lifted and launched from the trailer and then lifted and placed back on the trailer when the sail was over. I have contacted a few marinas in Miami and they are all wet slip storage. Does anyone know of a preferred marina that would suit my purpose?

Thanks for all input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-13-2018

Re: Dry Storage/Launch on Request Marina

Had a small center console of 24í I did this with. It was nice not using up zincs and not needing bottom paint but another consideration is what the repetition up and down does to the boat. Know in England those bilge keel boats make great sense as they dry out daily when not sailing but thatís different then hauls. Would take a good look at your yard. Would they be attentive and gentle to your boat while doing this. Had occasion th yard scratched up the gel coat and it took some jumping up and down to get them to fix it on their dime.

s/v Hippocampus
Outbound 46
post #3 of 4 Old 01-13-2018
cdy

Almost all dry storage type marinas in Miami have long waiting lists - sounds like you are looking for a marina that puts boats in using oversized forklifts - almost always powerboats - if you wanted more traditional marina ( sailboat) you could look at Green Cove Springs Marina - they have space where you can store the boat on the trailer and can launch it for you with their travel lift. You could crusie the St Johns down to Sanford - have the marina there pull the boat out and put it on the trailer then take a short drive to Daytona/NSB/Cocoa to relaunch
The Following User Says Thank You to cdy For This Useful Post:
dreamdoer (01-13-2018)

post #4 of 4 Old 01-13-2018
Gemini 105Mc

Two marinas in my area that might be able to provide what you're asking for is Shell Point marina in Ruskin, FL and the Apollo Beach marina in Apollo Beach, FL both have travel lifts and on-site storage.

However, it might easier/cheaper, to find on outdoor storage yard to store the boat on it's trailer. Then just rent a U-haul type truck to launch/retrieve when you are in town.
The Following User Says Thank You to Davy J For This Useful Post:
dreamdoer (01-13-2018)

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in