SailNet Community

SailNet Community (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Cruising & Liveaboard Forum (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/)
-   -   Cannabis use on board (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/cruising-liveaboard-forum/312826-cannabis-use-board.html)

RegisteredUser 02-23-2018 07:26 PM

Re: Cannabis use on board

Booze...

From what I understand, some countries don't want you 'importing' booze and require a strict inventory when landing. And then some don't care so much.

Mark prob has experience with some muslim countries where it's ok to have but can not be brought ashore...or consumed in public....

I would try to be accurate about 'inventories/stores', booze, foodies and spares. You will carry your 'paperwork' over from port-to-port in some countries.

Jammer Six 02-23-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eherlihy (Post 2051399250)
We have a bunch of messes in the USA right now. The inconsistency in Cannabis laws is the least of them.

Yup. We're concentrating on trying to get the life-and-death stuff fixed. Most of us have forgotten about pot.

Here in Seattle, your are absolutely the most vulnerable to trouble with weed on a boat in Puget Sound, because the Coast Guard is federal and you have no constitutional protection against search on Puget Sound.

One of the things my doctor said is that it may be legal, but your reputation could still take a large hit. Would you want to know your cardiologist or your surgeon is a stoner?

MarkofSeaLife 02-23-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeOReilly (Post 2051399554)
Does that include booze Mark? :eek:

Take your hand out of your trousers.

MikeOReilly 02-23-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife (Post 2051399634)
Take your hand out of your trousers.

Must be Aussie humour, but it sounds amusing none the less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian#2 (Post 2051399682)
M, O very good points in my thoughts, but would the eat to be stoned also be on the taboo list? "shyt" faced is "shyt" faced.

p.s. ...note to self, .....why do I get involved in these discussions?:crying

Of course, shytfaced is shytefaced, no matter how itís achieved.

Ö b/c youíre bored, like me :wink

Ajax_MD 02-23-2018 09:20 PM

It's still a federal crime. I hold a high security clearance that would be null and void if I were ever caught with cannabis, and would lose my job and my ability to work in the entire industry. The odor of pot is not pleasant to me. For all these reasons, it is not allowed on my boat.

I have no problem with legalizing it. In fact, I wish the Fed would, just to eliminate all the legal ambiguity but I have no intention of ever partaking. It's just the rum for me.

Rocky Mountain Breeze 02-23-2018 09:44 PM

Two wrongs certainly have historically been shown to improve the human condition...... If I am going to be busted for something I think it will be a useful tool for self defense rather than some weed.

Last month we installed the refrigeration equipment in a 10,000 square foot warehouse which was formerly used for drying "hemp". After a month at 0 degrees F it still stinks......

titustiger27 02-23-2018 10:24 PM

there was a joke in a skit with John Belushi on SNL

Where he shouts: "There are people in Texas serving life for a seed, one seed." or something like that.

it seems like it would be risky to put any marijuana on your boat, know if you don't get it all off, a drug dog will find it.

but this does remind me of.. Sailing Zingaro where the creator is occasionally smoking pot.. usually when he is in Jamacia or Mexican ports of call

MikeOReilly 02-24-2018 01:57 AM

I really wonder what the border plans are for Canada/USA with the coming legalization of cannabis in the Great White North. Has anyone heard anything?

Jammer Six 02-24-2018 03:59 AM

Well, as long as you let your border agents decide who to screen and who to run from, how can it matter?

Tanski 02-24-2018 04:32 AM

Neither but if I had to choose it would be weed. Don't want a bunch of fat, stupid beer swilling Homer Simpsons on my boat.
As far as stink, a drinker smells worse. Far worse. That sour reek of alcohol processing out of your system is disgusting from 10 feet away. Don't even get me going on close proximity beer breath.
Really don't care what anybody does, their choice. Just don't involve me.