Cannabis use on board - Page 30 - SailNet Community
 230Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #291 of 405 Old 03-25-2018

Re: Cannabis use on board

Yeah like the Old Sea Dog. Looks like he has had enough of the San Blas Islands but, can't seem to get away. Now he no longer has the ability to keep his beers cold (refrigeration issues). Yep it's not all palm trees and beaches.
MikeOReilly and titustiger27 like this.

Mike
Currently: Enjoying Summer's sailing season

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 405 Old 03-26-2018
arrgh!

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbianka View Post
Yeah like the Old Sea Dog. Looks like he has had enough of the San Blas Islands but, can't seem to get away. Now he no longer has the ability to keep his beers cold (refrigeration issues). Yep it's not all palm trees and beaches.

Maybe some cannabis is in order?

Vector X Y
post #293 of 405 Old 03-27-2018
██▓▓▒▒░░▒▒▓▓██

Good beer is like good whiskey: Quit palatable when room temperature. When everyone else complains the beer is warm, you can just sit back and say isn't that a shame. And have one.

Now some things that are called beer, often pale yellow rice beers with no flavor to start with, serve no purpose unless they are cold beverages. But a good beer...

post #294 of 405 Old 03-27-2018 Thread Starter
Old soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
Good beer is like good whiskey: Quit palatable when room temperature. When everyone else complains the beer is warm, you can just sit back and say isn't that a shame. And have one.

Now some things that are called beer, often pale yellow rice beers with no flavor to start with, serve no purpose unless they are cold beverages. But a good beer...
So true. We are in a golden age of beer making, and beer drinking! Thereís a vast a growing spectrum of interesting beers out there now. Thereís no reason to be drinking that old mass-market crap that all basically tastes the same. Thatís why it has to be drunk cold ó itís the only way to make it palatable

Personally, Iíd much rather enjoy a dark chewy coffee porter, or a suck-your-face-in IPA bitters, than a hit of marijuana. But to each his own...
Sal Paradise and titustiger27 like this.

Why go fast, when you can go slow.
BLOG:
post #295 of 405 Old 03-27-2018
██▓▓▒▒░░▒▒▓▓██

A one-liter pot-infused double espresso chocolate porter....that should slow the action down.(G)
post #296 of 405 Old 03-27-2018
Rainwatcher

I like my beer so cold ice is starting to form in it.

Nothing like it.

Liking warm beer has always struck me as an excuse for forgetting the fill the ice box.

"When I have your wounded." -- Major Charles L. Kelly, callsign "Dustoff", refusing to acknowledge that an L.Z. was too hot, moments before being killed by a single shot, July 1st, 1964.

Black Lives Matter. All confederate symbols and monuments need to go.

Proud to live in a sanctuary city.
post #297 of 405 Old 03-27-2018
arrgh!

Dock

this is the golden age of beer. All the small breweries are hard to keep up with

I am amazed I drank the old Milwaukee in my innocent days, of course, if there was great beer back then at $10 a six pack, I would probably have passed on it.

More a statement on my disposable income at the time, than my taste buds.

and from what I hear the same could be said of cannabis and quality.

o if Bob Marley was still alive

Attached Thumbnails
marley.gif  
MikeOReilly likes this.

Vector X Y
post #298 of 405 Old 04-26-2018
The bow is the pointy end

Quote:
Originally Posted by titustiger27 View Post

this is the golden age of beer. All the small breweries are hard to keep up with

I am amazed I drank the old Milwaukee in my innocent days, of course, if there was great beer back then at $10 a six pack, I would probably have passed on it.

More a statement on my disposable income at the time, than my taste buds.

and from what I hear the same could be said of cannabis and quality.

o if Bob Marley was still alive

I can personally vouch for the quality of todays cannabis...It's outstanding!! We are definitely in the golden age of cannabis production...at least here in California anyway. Legal though it may be, I stash mine elsewhere when I sail. USCG won't specifically go looking for it if boarded, but they won't overlook it if they happen to find it.
MikeOReilly and titustiger27 like this.

svartemis.wordpress.com
post #299 of 405 Old 04-26-2018
arrgh!

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Artemis View Post
I can personally vouch for the quality of todays cannabis...It's outstanding!! We are definitely in the golden age of cannabis production...at least here in California anyway. Legal though it may be, I stash mine elsewhere when I sail. USCG won't specifically go looking for it if boarded, but they won't overlook it if they happen to find it.

how do you know if we aren't just on the foothills of the golden age?

I am not disagreeing... because maybe when the federal government accepts legal cannabis (you know so they can tax the hell out of it) it might really drive everything whacky (as in tobacky)
S/V Artemis likes this.

Vector X Y
post #300 of 405 Old 04-26-2018

Actually Bob's legacy apparently lives on:

https://www.marleynatural.com/
S/V Artemis likes this.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in