questions about cats - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 4 Days Ago Thread Starter

questions about cats

i have a 29 hunter 1987 ,im thinking about selling her and buying a cat big enough to cross the oceans ,ive been looking at 2006 -a 46ft paget and a 46 ft leopard i know either one will handle it ,what im thinking is a 35-38 ft capable of doing it ,safely
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 4 Days Ago

Re: questions about cats

What is your specific question? We have a 42' catamaran for sale that is quite capable of ocean crossing. 35' tends to be a bit on the small side for newer catamaran designs, but the older Prouts in this range have a good reputation. Smaller one-offs like Wharrams also. By 38', they are definitely getting capable of ocean crossing.

http://www.catamaransite.com/Manta-4...or-sale-4.html

Mark

Manta 40 Catamaran "Reach"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 4 Days Ago

Cool Re: questions about cats

Well Jon, I certainly hope so as I am 4400 miles and 6 months into my circumnavigation aboard Bonzai. She is a 2000 Leopard 38 stretched to 40'. These are fantastic era boats from 1999-2003. Hand laid fiberglass that were actually sailed to their deliveries from South Africa. The logs of the delivery captains were epic to the point of them loving to sail these cats so much, they would race back to the factory to pick up another. That is after an ocean crossing. I will sell you my eye teeth before I sell you this boat. Good luck.

Don
S/V Bonzai
2000 Leopard 38+

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in