Beneteau Oceanis 390 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-02-2019 Thread Starter

Beneteau Oceanis 390

I have not seen this in person yet but looking at the interior layout of the Oceanis 390, I am thinking wow!! That's it! This new listing I really like.

https://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/81550

It will be a few months before I can seriously start putting offers in on boats so I expect this to be long gone. I like the three cabins, L shape galley with the sink where it is (Not tucked under the cabin by the ladder) There is a version with the galley along one side of the salon which I like too, but I have heard some say this makes it hard to use underway?

Anyone have any criticisms of this layout or is it just too subjective? What other type of boats have this type of layout?

Right now I am thinking in 6 months I will have to wait to find another one in SoCal since this will be gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-02-2019

Re: Beneteau Oceanis 390

can take a long time to sell a boat in SoCal most sit for sale for over a year. the cost of the boat is only a portion of the expense. with pictures it is hard to tell the current condition of the boat. lightly sailed is sometimes a way to say run down and not used much. you do not know the age of the pictures.
One of the reasons they are hard to sell is that there are not enough places to keep them. the larger the boat the harder it is to find a spot. the boat you linked is at the yacht club and those are the most sought after and is not going to come with the boat
So while you are talking to the dealers about a boat also ask about available slips to keep it in. most marinas have a wait list of 1 to 5 years for a 40 foot boat. In San Diego you may have a better chance of finding a slip sooner then most other places in So Cal. I know several people that have waited to buy until they had found a slip and rented it while they went looking for a boat to put in it.

"FULL TILT II" 2011 BENETEAU FIRST 30
"GOLD RUSH" PRINDLE 16
post #3 of 3 Old 08-02-2019 Thread Starter

Re: Beneteau Oceanis 390

Same with houses and cars. Pictures always look great That's why I have been just focusing on the layouts I like right now and researching. Will go look at as many as I can. I have time.

I have my name on a waitlist for one marina.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in