2020 Overnight Anchoring Restrictions in Georgia - Page 5 - SailNet Community
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 48 Old 03-21-2020

Re: 2020 Overnight Anchoring Restrictions in Georgia

And the people who pushed this law into being really want the boaters to leave the state.

Maybe the best thing to do is to band together and go to Georgia. Overwhelm them.

Mark

Dolphin 460 Catamaran "Reach"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Current boat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Previous boat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 48 Old 03-23-2020

What is the real cause of this?

I think that Cruisers are just the collateral damage from the war with derelict boats which have nothing to do with Cruisers but everything to do with homeless people and an understaffed State DNR who could not enforce the existing laws. There was simply not enough staff to take care of these crackheads who took over an abandoned boat and let it sit on anchor while they drank beer, smoked crack and let the boat go ashore up into the marsh where it became a pollutung eyesore and threat to navigation.
This combined with a shamefully out of touch lazy legislature who didn't discuss much of anything before passing the stupid law along with a DNR who didn't do its job by by taking the Cruisers into consideration. Why? Because the DNR also is super underfunded. In these trying times all of the agencies are understaffed because of a government that constantly wants to show everyone how they're doing such a good job of managing the budget by cutting jobs.
post #43 of 48 Old 03-24-2020
bell ringer

I thought this battle was over and in the end the cruisers won.

Don't blow air up my rear, be useful and blow it at the sails!

post #44 of 48 Old 03-24-2020

Yes, I think so too. Just my thoughts on what caused many of the locals to get irritated to begin with. I remember in S FL they had a particularly bad problem with abandoned boats.
post #45 of 48 Old 03-24-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
I thought this battle was over and in the end the cruisers won.
I doubt we are really at the end, and I can't remember cruisers ever winning in the long run.

Even in this example, cruisers gave up liberties and certain land people won restrictions.

Mark

- Current boat

- Previous boat
post #46 of 48 Old 04-01-2020

Sad state of affairs continues in Brunswick

What's really vexing is the fact that their are hardly enough marinas with transient berths available

I tried getting one at the morning star marina there yesterday. They had shut down their transient births completely for construction reasons.
Weather was coming in and possible gale force winds. The downtown Marina is way out of the way and I had already passed Jykle Marina. Anchored out on the other side of the bridge and have had to reset the anchor twice already in strong wind and current.
Plus too close to a cable area.

Now with these new restrictions it's really difficult.
post #47 of 48 Old 04-01-2020

What is the state of affairs in Brunswick you mention? The anchoring restrictions? The marina closures due to virus? Did you try Brunswick Landing for a transient slip, or is that one the downtown marina you mentioned?

If you are heading North, be aware that many of the marinas in the Savana area are closed now. The Waterway Guide website keeps a list of marina status along the ICW.

Mark

- Current boat

- Previous boat
post #48 of 48 Old 04-01-2020

I am now anchored off of Kilkenny
And I called them and they will be open tomorrow and selling fuel.

Tags
anchoring , georgia , navigation

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in