The Voyages of Paragon, Season 2 - Page 20 - SailNet Community
 174Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #191 of 214 Old 09-29-2015

Re: The Voyages of Paragon, Season 2

Great videos! I've been saving up your latest videos to help carry me through the off season until I get my warm water fix doing some back to back charters in the Caribbean this winter. Still think your experience with helping Cha Cha on your trip to Bermuda is a prime example of the "road to hell is paved with good intentions" Only in your case it was a sail.
drakeParagon likes this.

Mike
Currently: Heading to warm waters over the winter on a variety of boats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 214 Old 10-09-2015 Thread Starter

Paragon happily anchored in Gloucester, Massachusetts. :)

UnionPacific and XSrcing like this.
post #193 of 214 Old 10-20-2015 Thread Starter

DrakeParagon S2E48: Strombus, Part 1

Geoff and Mandy are rebuilding an 80 year old wooden schooner in Gloucester, Massachusetts named Strombus.

Argyle38 likes this.

post #194 of 214 Old 10-20-2015

Dock

I can't believe you were able to continually put out videos while cruising throughout the summer. Nice job!

When does season 2 end and season 3 begin?
drakeParagon likes this.

S/V Argyle
Downeaster 38 #40

post #195 of 214 Old 10-20-2015 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle38 View Post
I can't believe you were able to continually put out videos while cruising throughout the summer. Nice job!

When does season 2 end and season 3 begin?
Hi Argyle,

We have voyaged over 11,000 nautical miles, and accumulated over 1500 hours of video footage since this episode was filmed. I canít believe Iím saying this, but we didnít even really start filming in earnest until after we pushed off from the USA (Season 3).

Our story started when we were preparing to push off from Oriental, North Carolina late 2013 (Season 1, Episode 1.) Since then we have taken on crew several times, spent almost 3 months sailing the south coast of Greenland, 6 months sailing throughout the Faroe Islands, circumnavigated Ireland, spent winters in both Iceland and Ireland, and have voyaged to any number of amazing places...always with camera in hand.

Along the way we have also completed the filming of at least a dozen fantastic in depth interviews with cruisers we've met along the way, including tours of their cruising boats. I canít wait to start editing them soon!

But when we are in voyaging mode it is next to impossible to devote the amount of time necessary to edit our videos. We are constantly filming to capture the story which means that for many months that is our main focus. Weíre trying to spend the winter months in full time editing. We produced Season 1 while wintering in Iceland, and produced most of Season 2 while wintering in Ireland.

In real time, we just sailed from The Faroe Islands back to Scotland to settle down for another winter and we are absolutely thrilled to be getting back to full time editing! Just a few more episodes left to complete Season 2, and then weíll go straight into Season 3.

We will also be planning our next season of voyaging. We hope to sail back to Faroe in the Spring, and from there over 1000 nautical miles to Svalbard/Spitsbergen to sail right into the abandoned Soviet mining city of Pyramiden.

We hope that these stories will be timeless and that you will be able to watch them today, tomorrow, next week...next year! and still enjoy what they have to offer.

Thanks for sailing with us,

Drake
Argyle38 and Rhapsody-NS27 like this.
post #196 of 214 Old 10-26-2015 Thread Starter

DrakeParagon S2E49: Strombus, Part 2

Geoff and Mandy are rebuilding an 80 year old wooden schooner in Gloucester, Massachusetts named Strombus. In part 2 we move on to the deck to check out the homemade bulwark, the plans for a Nester nesting dinghy, and discuss the importance of strobe lights for dance parties before heading below. Hope you enjoy!
post #197 of 214 Old 10-26-2015

Thanks, Drake. Been a subscriber on your channel a long time. You're doing it right, and I understand the immense amount of time that goes into editing this stuff. Love the Westsail.
drakeParagon likes this.

"Freedom is the increased knowledge of what you can do without." óThoreau
The Following User Says Thank You to amwbox For This Useful Post:
drakeParagon (10-26-2015)
post #198 of 214 Old 10-27-2015

Drake, I have spent so much time watching all of your lovely videos and appreciate how much time you put into their production.

For quickier videos you might want to check out a fairly new app called Periscope -- I love how it allows one to interact in real time with the person broadcasting. Here's a sample of one of my favorite people doing it:
https://katch.me/jonathanjk
post #199 of 214 Old 10-29-2015 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhwelch View Post
Drake, I have spent so much time watching all of your lovely videos and appreciate how much time you put into their production.

For quickier videos you might want to check out a fairly new app called Periscope -- I love how it allows one to interact in real time with the person broadcasting. Here's a sample of one of my favorite people doing it:
https://katch.me/jonathanjk
Hi jwelch, Thanks for telling us about the Periscope app and the katch.me website. I checked out your favorite broadcaster and a few others and am really impressed with the platform. But honestly even as convenient as it is to use, I think in our case it using might be too much of a distraction away from our primary goal. We want to tell intriguing and inspiring stories about the cruising life through high production quality video episodes and feature length movies. We've been pretty maxed out all year round for the past couple of years, spending 60+ hours a week in editing over the winter months and then filming non stop during the voyaging season.

But it is a very interesting platform.. Someday when we can justify the expense of owning a smart phone then we will definitely check it out.
post #200 of 214 Old 11-02-2015 Thread Starter

Strombus, Part 3 | #50 | DrakeParagon Season 2

A tour of the inside of the wooden schooner Strombus in Gloucester, Massachusetts, and an unexpected find that makes Geoff's day!

Rhapsody-NS27 likes this.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in