DrakeParagon: Season 3 - Page 6 - SailNet Community
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 86 Old 11-08-2016

Re: DrakeParagon: Season 3

$#@$#@ LEAVE NEW ENGLAND ALREADY!!!!

j/k - love the videos.

This was filmed several years ago, yeah? Where have you ended up? Still out cruising?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 86 Old 11-10-2016

u video?
post #53 of 86 Old 11-12-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris95040 View Post
$#@$#@ LEAVE NEW ENGLAND ALREADY!!!!

j/k - love the videos.
I understand. Great vids, but extremely dated. Probably the longest delay to market of all the channels I watch. Not sure all viewers care. One would think that a vicarious product would be more valuable, if more contemporary. Still fun to tag along.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

post #54 of 86 Old 11-16-2016 Thread Starter

Re: DrakeParagon: Our Last day in the USA before Sailing on to Nova Scotia | Season 3

This is how we spent our last day in the USA before pushing off for Nova Scotia in the morning. No more provisioning, no more laundry, no more boat repairs...actually, who are we kidding. There are ALWAYS boat repairs, but after years of preparation and months of sailing Paragon is ready to push off for ports unknown. Stay with us!

post #55 of 86 Old 11-22-2016 Thread Starter

Underway | #26 | DrakeParagon Season 3

Years of preparation culminate in this moment. Thousands upon thousands of hours scraping, painting, cutting, sanding, and refitting Paragon for the journey ahead. Bruised arms, nicked hands, sore backs...blood, sweat, and tears have brought us to this point. And we are ready.
More adventure awaits as Paragon and her crew push off for ports unknown!

post #56 of 86 Old 11-30-2016 Thread Starter

150 Nautical Miles Offshore

Lumpy seas and strong winds mark the first day at sea for Paragon. With a crew member down, the remaining two aboard must settle into a rhythm...testing a new sail trim and keeping watch. What awaits them as they near Canadian waters? Stay with us!

post #57 of 86 Old 11-30-2016

Good episode. I am curious, with Monique seeming to be sick on every offshore passage, why you dont add crew to make up for her being unable to stand watch? Two people pulling two hour watches for days on end seemed to wear you out and might lead to poor decision making in a crisis.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Keth

Boat Vinyl Lettering and Graphics
post #58 of 86 Old 11-30-2016 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleemus View Post
Good episode. I am curious, with Monique seeming to be sick on every offshore passage, why you dont add crew to make up for her being unable to stand watch? Two people pulling two hour watches for days on end seemed to wear you out and might lead to poor decision making in a crisis.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
Monique does suffer from severe seasickness, especially in the first 2-3 days of an offshore passage, and especially if those days are in rough conditions. But she has stood an effective watch countless times, and I know that I can always depend on her to do her best. As far as having more crew aboard, for one we don't really have the room. Our boat isn't very well set up to have more than 2 aboard total. There are only 2 real sea berths. But I think the fact that we had 3 aboard voyaging for 4 months in such a small space speaks to what's so critically important to me, which is that all aboard are compatible, respectful, and dependable, and that they can keep their s*** together and work as an effective team when we encounter any difficult situation. There are many sailors who are regularly crossing oceans single or double handed who I know personally and greatly respect and admire for their good seamanship, and of those there are many who also often get seasick.
post #59 of 86 Old 12-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakeParagon View Post
Monique does suffer from severe seasickness, especially in the first 2-3 days of an offshore passage, and especially if those days are in rough conditions. But she has stood an effective watch countless times, and I know that I can always depend on her to do her best. As far as having more crew aboard, for one we don't really have the room. Our boat isn't very well set up to have more than 2 aboard total. There are only 2 real sea berths. But I think the fact that we had 3 aboard voyaging for 4 months in such a small space speaks to what's so critically important to me, which is that all aboard are compatible, respectful, and dependable, and that they can keep their s*** together and work as an effective team when we encounter any difficult situation. There are many sailors who are regularly crossing oceans single or double handed who I know personally and greatly respect and admire for their good seamanship, and of those there are many who also often get seasick.

Thanks for elaborating on your thinking. Sail on!
post #60 of 86 Old 12-08-2016 Thread Starter

If You Fall Overboard Then You're Pretty Much Dead

Sailing wing on wing under blue skies can't last forever. The wind is forcing Paragon away from her waypoint and Eanna goes on deck in lumpy seas (for the second time) to get the boat back on course. What goes through your head while on deck in rough seas? Can he get the whisker pole back on the mast? Stay with us!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in