DrakeParagon: Season 3 - Page 9 - SailNet Community
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 86 Old 05-17-2017

Re: DrakeParagon: Season 3

Sure, there will be pressure towards near-real-time.
We always see escalation, no matter what the product and market, but I do think web broadcasting of 'shows' has the strong future, and will continue to eat into conventional broadcasting. Maybe not as greatly and quickly as print has been impacted, but still by a great deal. It's nothing but upwards an onwards.....

With so many now into it, I think you decide what game/level you will play..and just do that well. It's real work, not 'cruising' (our app).

Personally, I enjoy the 'real' productions and I really like to see/learn without exaggeration. Thongs and bikinis are a dime a dozen....maybe now a penny a dozen...
But you chose your market and then go for it.

Maybe we'll see intern students at universities doing editing to bring it sooner, and eventually there will be some doing fulltime production enroute.

The dollars and personal desires will be the filtering controls.

Just thoughts....

Last edited by RegisteredUser; 05-17-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 86 Old 05-18-2017 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Great to hear about your adventures. Thanks for the chronological updates!

I'm not intending to be critical, only thought provoking. The only reason to care is whether increasing Patreon or subscription counts is important. One would think the higher volume channels would have similar challenges to get product published. Just recently I noticed them make a concerted effort to get closer to real time. Some lag is necessary. Really up to you. I think one of the factors is the depth of coverage. For sure, the high volume channels are skipping days, even weeks at a time to presumably focus on what they think is most entertaining. I've long suspected that the near real time vicarious factor is impactful on $$ and was interested to see they might too.

I enjoy watching your vids. All the best.
We are publishing videos in real time for our community on Patreon. So far in this new season of voyaging we have published 4 Real Time Update Videos.

A week ago we pushed off from Scotland and sailed to Faroe. We're now sailing all over Faroe (and this place is amazing! Soon we will push off for Svalbard, just 600 nautical miles from the north pole.

Here's a link to our first Real Time Update:

Our Real Time Updates are all available for all of our patrons all the time at www.patreon.com/DrakeParagon
post #83 of 86 Old 06-07-2017 Thread Starter

Season 3 Finale: Arrival in St. John's, Newfoundland | #45 | DrakeParagon Sailing S

Land Ho! After nearly a week at sea, Paragon arrives at her last destination on the North American continent. Of course it's not all smooth sailing as a thick fog descends just as we near the harbour. But a fantastic group welcomes us (with not one pod, but two!) and raises everyone's spirits! Join us in the Finale of Season 3 as we enter our last Canadian harbour on the way to Greenland!

If you enjoyed this video, then please consider giving it a thumbs up, making a comment, or supporting this documentary at https://www.patreon.com/DrakeParagon

post #84 of 86 Old 06-07-2017
Banned

Hey Drake and Mo! I've really been enjoying your videos. They just keep getting better and better - and the scenery is just amazing. Hope you guys are well!
post #85 of 86 Old 06-09-2017 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Hey Drake and Mo! I've really been enjoying your videos. They just keep getting better and better - and the scenery is just amazing. Hope you guys are well!
Thanks Smackdaddy! In real time, we've been exploring the Faroe Islands for the past month since sailing up from Scotland, and we're really excited about pushing off Spitsbergen/Svalbard at 79 degrees north latitude next month.

I've never sailed that far north. We'll be just 600 nautical miles from the north pole, and I've got about 700 nautical miles of voyaging all over the archipelago planned.

I can't wait to film it all! There are far more polar bears and walruses than there are people. There are lots of amazing ruins - from whaling stations to an abandoned Soviet coal mining cities, to crashed Nazi bomber planes. There are tons glaciers and icebergs everywhere, and we'll be going to some of the most remote places.

Future season of DrakeParagon!
smackdaddy likes this.
post #86 of 86 Old 06-11-2017

Great on

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in