Don't Pee Over the Side, Use Your Head - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Re: Don't Pee Over the Side, Use Your Head

If your dink is in the bowl you donít miss. Thatís the key. Sitting or kneeling it doesnít matter. In a crowded anchorage to avoid the noise of running the head ďif itís yellow let it mellowĒ. Or go for a swim.
Always interested me in the states if you leave the through hull open and pee youíre breaking the law. If you go into the water and pee youíre not.
Been told even poop bugs die in high salinity ocean salt water within 5-6í of dispersal from a macerated discharge. Bugs (even E. coli) canít tolerate the salinity once itís much pass the 0.9 seen in you. Of course not true in brackish water. Still, we donít swim nor run the RO in most harbors unless theyíre pretty much empty and thereís good movement. Probably more an aesthetic decision but better to be safe than sorry. Also donít want any sulfur forming bugs on my filters.

s/v Hippocampus
Outbound 46
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail

Raise your hands.....how many have seen power boaters in an anchorage peeing over the side🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🤭🤭🤭🤭

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ďSailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.Ē- Dennis Conner
post #13 of 17 Old 4 Weeks Ago
Old soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta View Post
I can't believe how difficult it is to get men to sit on the head to pee when underway. I don't care how good your aim is, you are just making a mess for someone to clean up after you are done. Let's drop the chauvinist crap and be courteous guys!
Another good thing about a composting head Ö everyone must sit, all the time.

I do pee over the side sometimes. I try not to do it within view of others. My boatís multiple shrouds and wide side decks make it pretty easy, even under way.

Why go fast, when you can go slow.
BLOG:

post #14 of 17 Old 4 Weeks Ago
Master Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Raise your hands.....how many have seen power boaters in an anchorage peeing over the side🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🤭🤭🤭🤭
Raise your hands.....how many have seen sail boaters (especially Europeans) in an anchorage peeing or the other thing over the side or from their scoop? Why make it about power boaters?

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
ďBelieve me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.Ē ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

facebook.com/svskippingstone
post #15 of 17 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Raise your hands.....how many have seen sail boaters (especially Europeans) in an anchorage peeing or the other thing over the side or from their scoop? Why make it about power boaters?
Capt.....ok Iíll connect the dots for you......I never see them doing peeing overboard in harbors from their SeaRays only from the runabout skiffs. From that I assume most of them use their onboard heads. Thatís my point. 😄😄

For what itís worth Itís not about power boaters. I certainly have no animus about them. Some of my best friends have them😀😀😀

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

ďSailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.Ē- Dennis Conner
post #16 of 17 Old 4 Weeks Ago
Master Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Capt.....ok Iíll connect the dots for you......I never see them doing peeing overboard in harbors from their SeaRays only from the runabout skiffs. From that I assume most of them use their onboard heads. Thatís my point. 😄😄

For what itís worth Itís not about power boaters. I certainly have no animus about them. Some of my best friends have them😀😀😀
Sorry. I guess it's about where we sail. I see so few runabout skiffs down here.
The rampant prejudice about 'stink potters' on the sailing sites does get to me a bit, so perhaps I'm a bit quick to defend. We see many, many more ignorant, incompetent and rude sailors down this way than motor boat operators.
chef2sail and MarkofSeaLife like this.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
ďBelieve me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.Ē ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

facebook.com/svskippingstone
post #17 of 17 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Sorry. I guess it's about where we sail. I see so few runabout skiffs down here.
The rampant prejudice about 'stink potters' on the sailing sites does get to me a bit, so perhaps I'm a bit quick to defend. We see many, many more ignorant, incompetent and rude sailors down this way than motor boat operators.
No worries. To me people enjoy the water the way they like to. Respect for other boaters is important to me. There are many commonalities sailors and power-boaters share. There are many differences. The one commonality is the love of the water

(photos by Joe McCary)

Our blog-

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in