CS 30 - basic info needed - Page 3 - SailNet Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 22 Old 04-22-2019
ASA and PSIA Instructor

Re: CS 30 - basic info needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellmore View Post
where is the story of the CS30 during Bermuda race?

Thanks,

Doug
? ... post #14

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Certified...in several regards...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 Old 07-08-2019
al brazzi

Re: CS 30 - basic info needed

As a proud owner for 5 years of a CS30 I will testify to the build quality, racing regularly after dialing in the needs of the Boat she is quite competitive. Should be reefed sooner than you would think, the Boat is easily sailed to hull speed. There's a "groove" that might be a bit hard to find at first but once found is easy to maintain. I did not buy for offshore work and frankly would have looked for something different, not because of the size just another design direction. Relatively tall rig, light(ish) displacement was my choice and I have no regrets at all. The recount of the offshore ditch proves the Boat can take more than the crew in almost every case and the hull problems would certainly be traced to a damage not properly repaired, there's just no design element of concern in the hull deck joint. The baby stay is there to stiffen up the mast column with inline stays but its a pretty tough stick, not bendy like the JBoats. Motoring in those conditions is tough on any Boat, I would have a third reef and a storm sail for those conditions but its a flat bottom to be pushing hard in the rough stuff.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in