Plugged into 30 AMP, Only showing 5 AMP incoming - Page 4 - SailNet Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 31 Old 07-04-2016

Re: Plugged into 30 AMP, Only showing 5 AMP incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherb View Post
Easy fix. Drink 2 beers, start pushing buttons. Pushing 'power share' button switched to 15 then 20 then 30. The batteries were then fully charged after 30 minutes. I feel a tad stupid now. Hope this might help another helpless chap. Over and out.
Yes, glad to hear that.

Here's some info on Power Share:

Power Share Feature for Link 2000 Controlling Honda Generators
Very helpful hint to control generators and 20A shorepower
Power Share feature on Link 2000

Your posts seem to indicate you don't have a Link, but are using the remote panel for the I/C Freedom 10 (I have a Freedom 15 with a Link 2000).

You may be interested in this:

Electrical Systems 101 Electrical Systems 101

Your original post about not knowing about electricity is concerning. We hear it all the time. You NEED to learn, and spend the time to do so.

but electric is not my thing
WADR, this is nonsense. It's time to read up.

None of us was born an electrician. Those of us who cared about our own safety and those of our families and guests, either learned, or as others have suggested, got qualified marine electricians, to repair our boats.

Most of us learned, because when you're "out there" there aren't any tow trucks. You're on your own.

Tough love perhaps, but true.

Don't mess with sparks, they could kill you, sink your boat, start a fire and burn your boat and your neighbors' boats, too.

Sorry to be blunt, but this "elekricity is scary to me" attitude and approach is, well, truly scary to me. I see it all over internet boating forums.

There is no excuse to NOT learn this stuff. Actually, it's pretty simple.

Charlie Wing's book, Boatowners Illustrated Electrical Handbook, is a very good start for you. There is also a TON of electrical material on the internet, most of it very trustworthy, like Maine Sail's website and this: Electrical Systems 101 Electrical Systems 101 (link is external)

woodster said: ↑
the reason i am telling this story is to give all here a wakeup call about having a yard do your work without knowing what you are paying for and just leaving it up to the yard ,,,,t
Darn, you are so, so, so right!!!

It really busts my gut when people say: I don't know nuttin' about elektrisity. They simply refuse to learn. If you don't KNOW what it is you want, how can you know if the yard monkey did ANYTHING right?

I spent the day thoroughly cleaning my dodger. My new dockmate spent her day in her engine room. She KNOWS boat electrical systems. Her conclusion? How the F did the PO run this boat for the 8 years he had it? Without blowing it up (gas engine, beautiful Chris Craft 32)?

10 connections to the engine solenoid. 8 connections to one battery, 7 to the other. Negatives connected to positives. Weird 1-2-B switch connections.

But the PO was "very happy" with ALL the work that had been done, since the boat worked!!!

Holy Cow, Batman!

Please folks, and especially you newbies, we're so very glad you found this website.

If you've chosen to go boating as hobby or a lifestyle, you OWE it to yourself, your friends and your family, to learn as much as you possibly can. And when you start learning, buy the TOOLS you need to use to do things right the first time. And don't depend on the yard monkeys, 'cuz most of them are just that: monkeys who spend your money for things you have to re-do once you finally realize how they've truly F-ed you & your pocketbook. Heck, many of us survived "pre-internet" and how anybody can claim "ignorance" these days is simply beyond me.

Stu Jackson, Catalina 34, 1986, M25 engine, Rocna 10 (22#), Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in