Balmar 614 Belt Manager Caution - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 10-03-2016 Thread Starter

Balmar 614 Belt Manager Caution

We bought two Balmar 614 regulators and I am just getting around to programming them. Luckily, I looked at both installation manuals instead of just one. They are identical except for one thing.

The belt manager settings in one manual state that the regulator attenuates the field by 7% for each setting, while the other manual states this as 5%. For example, BM=4 is either 20% attenuation or 28% depending on which number you believe.

I called Balmar and was told the correct value is 7%. Not satisfied, I called again and got a different tech person who said the correct value is 5%. So I made them fight it out and actually figure out what their regulator really does with the belt manager.

The correct answer is 5% (I hope).

Beware.

Mark

Dolphin 460 Catamaran "Reach"
Manta 40 Catamaran "Reach" - For Sale!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to colemj For This Useful Post:
Faster (10-03-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-03-2016
Aspiring Boat Bum

Re: Balmar 614 Belt Manager Caution

I have the same regulator and the manual that shipped with it reversed the connections on one row of terminals on the unit. I installed it a year or so ago so forget how I figured it out but sounds like they have an ongoing problem with instruction manuals at Balmar.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in