what is this? - SailNet Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 12-14-2018 Thread Starter
1984 Ericson 35 3

what is this?

Obviously this is some kind of cooling unit. It was given to me by someone who didn't know what it was for either. Is it used in the icebox or for cooling the boat itself? Anyone know how it's supposed to be hooked up?

" A man becomes old when his regrets surpass his dreams"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 12-14-2018
snake charmer, cat herder

Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag
Re: what is this?

got a picture of it????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 Old 12-14-2018 Thread Starter
1984 Ericson 35 3

Guess I should have my coffee before posting. I forgot to upload the pictures. 🤯
Attached Thumbnails
20181214_083816_1544801051744.jpg   20181214_083827_1544801080277.jpg   20181214_083840_1544801108827.jpg  

post #4 of 12 Old 12-14-2018

"Askeland inc. utilizes the latest developments in thermoelectric technology to produce State of the Art Refrigeration systems for use in Nautical, Recreational and Industrial cooling applications. Our Mission: To become the leading manufacturer of low voltage refrigeration systems by providing Exceptional Value, State of the Art Technology and Superior Performance. Company Profile: Askeland inc. is the leading US manufacturer of mobile refrigeration systems. Our COOLERATOR™ brand cooling systems are designed specifically for use in Boats, Recreational Vehicles or other demanding applications where low voltage, efficient refrigeration is required. The Coolerators are used by reputable yacht builders like Countour Yachts and Andersons Boatworks Inc. Our COOLERATOR™ systems can be found in all corners in the world. Thousands of systems sold world wide. Askeland Inc. also offer customized systems for use in industrial applications. Thermoelectric cooling can now be found in numerous products ranging from medical equipment to Mini Bars. Exceeding your expectations by providing a clear technological advantage and unsurpassed value... Leif Askeland, President Askeland Inc."

Cut and paste from a google search...

------------------------------------------------------
Baba 30 1979
Pacific Northwest for now..

-------------------------------------------------------

post #5 of 12 Old 12-14-2018 Thread Starter
1984 Ericson 35 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPHILL View Post
"Askeland inc. utilizes the latest developments in thermoelectric technology to produce State of the Art Refrigeration systems for use in Nautical, Recreational and Industrial cooling applications. Our Mission: To become the leading manufacturer of low voltage refrigeration systems by providing Exceptional Value, State of the Art Technology and Superior iouPerformance. Company Profile: Askeland inc. is the leading US manufacturer of mobile refrigeration systems. Our COOLERATOR™️ brand cooling systems are designed specifically for use in Boats, Recreational Vehicles or other demanding applications where low voltage, efficient refrigeration is required. The Coolerators are used by reputable yacht builders like Countour Yachts and Andersons Boatworks Inc. Our COOLERATOR™️ systems can be found in all corners in the world. Thousands of systems sold world wide. Askeland Inc. also offer customized systems for use in industrial applications. Thermoelectric cooling can now be found in numerous products ranging from medical equipment to Mini Bars. Exceeding your expectations by providing a clear technological advantage and unsurpassed value... Leif Askeland, President Askeland Inc."

Cut and paste from a google search...
Didn't answer either of my questions.
Am I supposed to apologize here for wasting your time or something?
Ayb likes this.

post #6 of 12 Old 12-14-2018

A little late for apologizess, Thanks for the google search, Uphill. Untrained ,be sure to get your resume in to POTUS. Hear he's scraping the bottom of the barrel for chief of stuff and sounds like you might fit the bill
eherlihy likes this.
post #7 of 12 Old 12-14-2018

Dock

Maybe pictures of the guts would help... My first guess was thermoelectic unit just based on the size, but those hoses have me confused.
post #8 of 12 Old 12-14-2018 Thread Starter
1984 Ericson 35 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Len View Post
A little late for apologizess, Thanks for the google search, Uphill. Untrained ,be sure to get your resume in to POTUS. Hear he's scraping the bottom of the barrel for chief of stuff and sounds like you might fit the bill
Perhaps I seemed a bit harsh. I'm looking for answers from people who have experience with a unit like this.
Google hasn't been much help. This company makes many products. It's much better, to my way of thinking to ask people who might know than a computer.
Thanks for the personal insult though.
Why Canadians are so concerned about the US government when their own is such a mess baffles me, but hey, you be you. "Captain"
dixiedawg and PhilCarlson like this.

post #9 of 12 Old 12-14-2018 Thread Starter
1984 Ericson 35 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilCarlson View Post
Maybe pictures of the guts would help... My first guess was thermoelectic unit just based on the size, but those hoses have me confused.
Looks like a big heatsink. I'm wondering if it's meant to go in an icebox or for cooling the cabin, or either. Also I don't know if if something like this is meant to be hooked up to sea water or from the freshwater tanks. The former seems more likely to me, but I don't know.
Attached Thumbnails
20181214_122855_1544812263392.jpg   20181214_122911_1544812277434.jpg  

post #10 of 12 Old 12-14-2018

Yea, I can see how my post did not help you figure out how to hook it up. So sorry.

------------------------------------------------------
Baba 30 1979
Pacific Northwest for now..

-------------------------------------------------------

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in