Raymarine C90W - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-04-2018 Thread Starter

Raymarine C90W

I have Raymarine C-Series MFD C90W with a failed UniController Trackpad membrane. I've contacted Raymarine to buy the spare. They don't have any parts to replace it.
Is there any body had this problem? And solution?

Thanks
Yucel Keskin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-01-2018

Re: Raymarine C90W

The membrane on my cockpit chart plotter has rotted in the same way (UV damage I guess) - its currently covered with some waterproof clear tape. I may end up swapping over chart plotters I've got one at the nav station below decks.

If anyone knows a supplier of the trackpads or can salvage one I be pleased to hear from them.

I went into Raymarine's European Repair Centre in Fareham (UK) - they wouldn't even come down to reception to speak face to face. They told me (over the phone at the unmanned reception) that they can't get replacement rotary trackpads from their suppliers so my only option was to buy a new chart plotter. So much for after sales support
post #3 of 5 Old 06-16-2019

Thumbs down Re: Raymarine C90W

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonCairns View Post
The membrane on my cockpit chart plotter has rotted in the same way (UV damage I guess) - its currently covered with some waterproof clear tape. I may end up swapping over chart plotters I've got one at the nav station below decks.

If anyone knows a supplier of the trackpads or can salvage one I be pleased to hear from them.

I went into Raymarine's European Repair Centre in Fareham (UK) - they wouldn't even come down to reception to speak face to face. They told me (over the phone at the unmanned reception) that they can't get replacement rotary trackpads from their suppliers so my only option was to buy a new chart plotter. So much for after sales support
I had replaced mine some 5 years ago (it was 5 years old) and it now replacing again. Seems its lifespan is 5 years.
I kept my unit covered when not in use, so it spent most of its life protected from UVs. It seems just an unstable plastic material. So Mr. Raymarine, this is clearly a design defect and you are not even supporting your customer base with spare parts. I think I will stay away from Raymarine in the future.

post #4 of 5 Old 06-23-2019

Sourcing a replacement online has been difficult. I've only found one place that claims to 3d print the rotary unit. I'd rather get an OEM part, but may have to try this one, as it seems no others are available. Look up i3dgear and Rotary-Dial-for-Raymarine-C-and-E-Series-Widescreen-Displays-p133778001
post #5 of 5 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thumbs up Re: Raymarine C90W

These unicontroller trackpad dials are now being made by a Canadian 3D printing company called i3DGear. You can find them on their website. Search for i3DGear.

They started producing them in April 20q9 and they should be available forever now.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in