Freedom 21 parts - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 04-02-2018 Thread Starter

Freedom 21 parts

Hello... I have several parts for a Freedom 21. Basically the whole boat. It was left at my dock three years ago. The owner has passed away and the surviving family doesn't want anything to do with it. Including signing it over to anyone. So I`m going to break it up. The mast is fine as well as the boom. Cushions inside are new and the main sail is new. Plus much more. I`m in New Rochelle NY. Thanks John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 04-02-2018
Administrator

Re: Freedom 21 parts

In most states, if you had a lease with the person who rented the slip, there is a pretty straightforward process to declare it abandoned on your property and end up owning the boat. These were one of the nicer boats that Freedom made and you should be able to get more out of her intact rather than parted out. That design is probably worth $3-4,000 if you have sails and an outboard. There is very little of salvage value on that boat since with was such an unique design.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay
post #3 of 21 Old 04-02-2018 Thread Starter

Thanks Jeff... Unfortunately, I have no paper work for the dockage. I was doing a friend a favor. I had offered it for free to several people and they ended up running into a dead end because the family of the owner wont sign anything. They are still around and wont even sign for the registered mail.

John

post #4 of 21 Old 04-03-2018
Kynntana (Freedom 38)

I have just posted this on one of the Freedom Yachts forum threads (http://www.freedomyachts.org/viewtop...p=50620#p50620). There is a disabled sailing group on San Francisco Bay that recently took ownership of a Freedom 21, which was found to have some cracks in the mast. Not sure if they would want the expense of getting a new mast shipped across the country, but if you could hold off on doing anything with the mast for a bit, that would be great. It's too bad you can't get title through some abandoned property law. The F21s are awesome little boats.
post #5 of 21 Old 04-04-2018 Thread Starter

Hello.... I`m not going to be breaking it up till it gets warm, so that should give you some time. Thanks John
post #6 of 21 Old 06-25-2018

Do you still have the mast and Boom? Is the mast a tabernacle mast or straight mast. Carbon Fiber- what is the condition? Thanks, David
post #7 of 21 Old 10-10-2018 Thread Starter

I still have the mast and boom. The mast is carbon fiber and straight and perfect cond.
post #8 of 21 Old 10-25-2018

I have a line on a F21 that might need a sail. Do you still have it?
post #9 of 21 Old 10-25-2018 Thread Starter

Yes,The boat has two new sails.
post #10 of 21 Old 10-25-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetb56 View Post
Yes,The boat has two new sails.
Just to run this to ground (no pun) do you still have the complete boat along with accessories? Is there a trailer? Do you have any pics? I might think about trying to register it in Texas as salvage or something.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in